Poor Postal Service in Nether Edge?

So glad I saw this thread, I am in S5 and have been having this problem recently - nothing for days even when I am expecting something, and then a right thick wodge all comes at once. I have had letters due that have never arrived, including a couple of hospital appoitments that I knew nothing about until I got that weird automated ring back thing - I asked my doctors secretary and she told me letters had been sent. I have also had important legal paperwork not turn up, and only found out when I rang my solicitor to find out why they hadn;t sent it. Plus I have 2 magazine subscriptions that are meant to come the same day every week and sometimes never turn up, or sometimes come days late. I often get neighbours letters too, and always go round and push them through their doors, but you don't know if other people would do the same do you really.

So glad I don't seem to be imagining it though (or at least if I am I am part of a collective delusion)

• 1 year later...

I just found this old post. How are people finding their postal service these days? I'm waiting for a letter in Nether Edge which should have been sent first class some time between Christmas and New Year's. Have I got any hope of expecting it this week?

Dunno about Nether Edge, but went to Woodseats sorting office this morning to pick up a parcel. Firstly am accused of coming too early because the guy couldn't read the date on the card -reads 31/12 as 3/1 & says "we only tried to deliver this yesterday." "That's odd" say I "because I picked up the card at the weekend". Bloke wanders over and looks through the parcels, picks up a grey package that looks just like what I am expecting, checks the address and puts it back on the shelf. Wanders around for a bit then comes back and says "what sort of thing were you expecting?" "A grey parcel like the one you just picked up" say I. So he wanders back over and sure enough the one he had spent a couple of minutes inspecting before rejecting was the one. Sheesh.

i live in Nether Edge and had massive problems over Christmas with items not being delivered. I spoke to the postlady one morning and she said she had been off for 2 weeks and had loads of problems reported to her during that time. i've had to put two claims in for missing presents and had the hassle of finding replacements at short notice.

i had a christmas card posted and the envelope was open, as though it had been opened with a letter opener or something. the card had an embossed santa head on the cover, which,through the envelope, felt like something more interesting ....hmmmmm!

had a christmas card posted and the envelope was open, as though it had been opened with a letter opener or something. the card had an embossed santa head on the cover, which,through the envelope, felt like something more interesting ....hmmmmm!

I think you might find it was damaged in processing,it may be the thickness of the card which has been caught up in the sorting machine.When this happens it does look like it has been torn open but by the machine and not necessarily by a worker.

I have had 3 parcels recently which were not delivered, each time I waited a fortnight then went to ask at Woodseats office if they were there, each time they disappeared off searching high and low and came back with a no, mysteriously each time the parcels arrived the day after my visit! Coincidence? I think not...

I think you might find it was damaged in processing,it may be the thickness of the card which has been caught up in the sorting machine.When this happens it does look like it has been torn open but by the machine and not necessarily by a worker.

i thought they put the item in a plastic envelope when this happened ?

Archived