Smokers first but who's next?

Smoking has effectively been demonised and now almost taboo and smokers social pariahs.

Who's next? Obviously drinkers would seem to be the next target but it also seems the overweight are a good target (probably because they can't go fast or far!) who's going to be demonised and cast out next? More to the point, where will it stop?

It will soon be illegal to masterbate in a public place or even whilst driving your own car. Even bus shelters will be covered by the ban as will pubs (even those that do not serve food).

Has anyone else noticed it seems to be everything that indirect taxation is paid on that seems to be demonised?? (Smoking / drinking / running a car )

But if you are long term unemployed (i.e. never had a job / never want a job) that seems to be acceptable.

There is no wonder that the governement had a ticking time bomb of debt! How today chancellor can we reduce the amount of tax coming in???

With some luck their next target should be baseball caps worn under usually black hoody tops! Socially unacceptable & triple the tax every year!

Has anyone else noticed it seems to be everything that indirect taxation is paid on that seems to be demonised?? (Smoking / drinking / running a car )

But if you are long term unemployed (i.e. never had a job / never want a job) that seems to be acceptable.

There is no wonder that the governement had a ticking time bomb of debt! How today chancellor can we reduce the amount of tax coming in???

With some luck their next target should be baseball caps worn under black hoody tops! Socially unacceptable & triple the tax every year!

I got half way through writing a similar post but had to leave the post quickly. It does smack of hypocracy that they tax these things so heavily but when it starts hitting the profit margins via nhs funding, they suddenly want you to stop.....smoke as long as you don't need treatment, drink as long as your body can withstand the punishment. They will not ban it during our present economic climate, they will just take away your right to nhs treatment.

Ban any car above one litre, any motor cycle at all, coca cola, big macs, Americanisms. snowmobiles ( US and Canada only ) bicycles, skateboards or inline skates, rock climbing, private home ownership, religion, atheism, the tory party, liberals, Australians.

Ban any car above one litre, any motor cycle at all, coca cola, big macs, Americanisms. snowmobiles ( US and Canada only ) bicycles, skateboards or inline skates, rock climbing, private home ownership, religion, atheism, the tory party, liberals, Australians.

Glad you didn't include doughnuts mmmmmmmmm doughtnuts

I was recalling recently when people used to smoke on the upper deck of busses. There were two tube carriages reserved for smokers and it was widespread everywhere else. Now I see people smoking in the street and it look so strange.

Wouldn't you choose not to smoke if you could press the magic button though?

Archived