Digital Economy Bill

Name a date and a place and we'll broadcast it over sheffield forum.

Tell people its their civil liberties involved and all that. Whip up a mass of hysteria over the draconian measures being taken to curtail our freedoms and how easily this system can be abused.

We can even chuck in a few scare stories like virus's and trojan's and monitoring of any internet activity. Tell people that the letters of warning are going to be sent out randomly to people regardless of whether they are performing illegal activities or not.

We should have a banner that reads "You can take our lives but you will never take away our FREEDOM"

I'm on a roll now. Let's do it.

my mp has never once replied to any emails or letters, and is now retiring to a nice little lobbying job. i doubt he'll take any notice about this either.

so anyone thinking of writing to rt.hon.richard caborn, i'd save yourself the time.

to be fair, will any labour have the bottle to stand up to mandie? it's probably better to write to tory or lib dem mps.

what a sad indictment of labour, that when it comes to the crunch asking a tory for help against the big business interests will probably be more effective than asking a labourite. *vomits*

yeah that is a worry

what the hell has he got on people, it must be really nasty, mandie adjusts his tie and 600 odd MP's and senior civil servants suffer an involuntary bowel movement wondering what he's going to say

the bill will be law by then

if you aren't going to take this seriously go troll somewhere else

Sorry. :roll:

I do think some sort of demonstration would be more effective than getting a couple of members of sf to write to their mps.

I'm also crap at organising that kind of thing.

Me too, the demonstrations I've seen organised so far seem pathetic & I don't have the free time to organise one myself.

I wrote a letter to my mp a few years ago, different mp then, I got a response, but it had no real effect.

Lets see if I get a response from Meg Munn.

It seems obvious to me that a digital demonstration would be most appropriate?

A mass emailing to MP's / Home Office / No 10 at an allotted hour should make them sit up and take notice. Of course it might looks like a DoS attack too, but if they know it's coming and don't turn the server volume up to 11 they only have themselves to blame.

Either way the publicity potential is incredible.

Me too, the demonstrations I've seen organised so far seem pathetic & I don't have the free time to organise one myself.

I wrote a letter to my mp a few years ago, different mp then, I got a response, but it had no real effect.

Lets see if I get a response from Meg Munn.

keep chasing them until you get a proper answer

It seems obvious to me that a digital demonstration would be most appropriate?

A mass emailing to MP's / Home Office / No 10 at an allotted hour should make them sit up and take notice. Of course it might looks like a DoS attack too, but if they know it's coming and don't turn the server volume up to 11 they only have themselves to blame.

Either way the publicity potential is incredible.

given how hard it was to motivate one person to send one email to one MP at a time of their own choosing, I'll wish you the very best of luck organising that one

Archived