Bullying in the workplace

Is it ever acceptable?

I mean even if its a women bullying a man?

In my experience there is always workplace humor which is a good thing when it's both ways.

If your a team player that helps your colleagues out the workplace banter will be both ways. But if someone is a fragile loaner with no concept of humor it's so easy to become a victim of even gentle banter.

But I have experienced workplace bullying myself from people who come out with the same old sht day in day out. As soon as you make them look a cnt they are threatening to take you outside and its not to breath the fresh air.

My personality clashed with a woman at work, I wasn't acused of bullying, more inappropriate humor (of the league of gents kind). after 6 months of this scenario we reconciled our differences and divulged the content of our 1-2-1's. Turned out our female supervisor had been deliberately working us against each other just for the sake of having something negative/juice in her supervision notes.

Thankfully my current workplace has an excellent set of colleagues and I couldn't say anything wrong about them. Ply them with tea, biscuits and chocolate you'll be amazed, yes I work with mainly woman.

Most of our middle managers are woman and one female assistant manager. They all conduct their jobs in a professional/friendly manner and respect other colleagues at all levels. As long as you are doing your job, they don't give you know grief. Which is how I'd expect any manager to be irrespective of their personality makeup.

Theres one i know of.

Me.

:blush:

You should always stand up to a bully.

There are many ways to do so.

One of the best is to point out the bullying behaviour very boldly in front of others. You will be best to repeat it saying that you do not want it, and you must report it.

What is bullying? Is it defined by the words or actions used, or simply by the effect it has on the victim? For example, if I called someone, as a one off, a "poo poo head", and they ran to HR with arms flailing and projectile tears, would I be a bully or would they just be spineless?

What is bullying? Is it defined by the words or actions used, or simply by the effect it has on the victim? For example, if I called someone, as a one off, a "poo poo head", and they ran to HR with arms flailing and projectile tears, would I be a bully or would they just be spineless?

Exactly. Too many people these days are so spineless that when their boss asks them to do something they don't want to do, they see it as bullying and run crying to their trade unions and employment tribunals.

Maybe the OP should tell us what his boss has been doing and then we can decide if it's bullying or not.

Thanks for you replies but id like to add another question.

Does anyone hink its easier for women to get away with bullying than men?

I've not seen bullying at work, but I've seen manipulation quite often.

A woman started at a place I used to work for and was terrible at her job. She knew this so decided that flirting with the manager was the best option. Within 6 months she was promoted to a job I also applied for (and had been working at the company for 3 years). When questioned about why she got the job there was an air of secrecy.

She continued to be horrific at the job, to the point where I refused to help her when the inevitable tantrums occurred because she had to do something remotely difficult.

After she left the company, it turned out she was having a relationship with the bosses boss.

Exactly. Too many people these days are so spineless that when their boss asks them to do something they don't want to do, they see it as bullying and run crying to their trade unions and employment tribunals.

Maybe the OP should tell us what his boss has been doing and then we can decide if it's bullying or not.

Not a great deal it has to be said.

I think they hope if i stop complaining about it itll go away but the bullying is still happening.

Archived