Is society losing patience towards people on benefits?

But most of the people on here offer an answer according to their opinion and don't just find a way to continually stoop to personal insults and wild assumption

Yeah ok then, pot and kettle talk again.

If any of you would care to do the maths on where your tax money goes then you might have a leg to stand on, at the moment it seems that obviously you have not. As dragon said having nukes will not stop terrorism, in fact it makes the chances of them using our own weapons against us all the more likely.

The job centers know who the dropouts are, who is looking for work and who isn't and it isnt a big deal to them, those that want work will eventually find it, those that do not will do anything including commit crimes before looking. Then you have the legitimate dropouts that had a bad run at school through home pressures etc that they as individuals could not handle......don't make this a black and white argument cause you will go from the debate black and blue.

Yeah ok then, pot and kettle talk again.

If any of you would care to do the maths on where your tax money goes then you might have a leg to stand on, at the moment it seems that obviously you have not. As dragon said having nukes will not stop terrorism, in fact it makes the chances of them using our own weapons against us all the more likely.

The job centers know who the dropouts are, who is looking for work and who isn't and it isnt a big deal to them, those that want work will eventually find it, those that do not will do anything including commit crimes before looking. Then you have the legitimate dropouts that had a bad run at school through home pressures etc that they as individuals could not handle......don't make this a black and white argument cause you will go from the debate black and blue.

Bold: I quite openly admit to having a go at someone on a personal level if I believe they have had a go at me. When I am wrong about that then I appologise and feel like a proper schmuk!

Italics: My math is crap when working out taxes and what they are paid towards so wish someone would explain how much of the whatever is paid out of a person's wage goes to funding the unemployed.

Perhaps a portion of the tax I pay for my fags is deducted for the unemployed as well as for the nhs (which I will not be entitled to soon cos I smoke).

Seriously - does anyone have any idea of the percentages of what goes where?

I was starting to work this out earlier.....1.59 million unemployed against 21.16 in full time employment. An average wage per individual and the cost per person on benefit which is about 8100 (not sure if that is housing benefit included).

The base figures at a quick glance indicate that spending on family benefits etc outweighs JSA and others, and the defence budget dwarfs it.

I will work on those figures tonight or if someone else can give some figures on a per taxpayer basis that would take this debate further, otherwise we just have ignorance blowing it's trumpet again, like a sweaty viking on a wet rock, playing a crappy tune in a very slippery situation.

I was starting to work this out earlier.....1.59 million unemployed against 21.16 in full time employment. An average wage per individual and the cost per person on benefit which is about 8100 (not sure if that is housing benefit included).

The base figures at a quick glance indicate that spending on family benefits etc outweighs JSA and others, and the defence budget dwarfs it.

I will work on those figures tonight or if someone else can give some figures on a per taxpayer basis that would take this debate further, otherwise we just have ignorance blowing it's trumpet again, like a sweaty viking on a wet rock, playing a crappy tune in a very slippery situation.

I think you have to be careful as some working people are entitled to housing benefit and therefore it does not come under the heading of those being pointed out in this topic - namely the idle good for nothings who live at home, get dole money, and have no costs.

So exclude housing benefits and working tax credits which workers can still claim.

I think you have to be careful as some working people are entitled to housing benefit and therefore it does not come under the heading of those being pointed out in this topic - namely the idle good for nothings who live at home, get dole money, and have no costs.

So exclude housing benefits and working tax credits which workers can still claim.

noted, will report soon, but this site is worth a read..

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/government_expenditure.html

noted, will report soon, but this site is worth a read..

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/government_expenditure.html

All chinese to me mate. Xiao Xiao.

The only bit I could see that I recognised was welfare but that covers just about everything and anything, and still does not say the percentage of a person's wage that goes towards the unemployable.

For instance - say someone is on £200 per week and gets taxed - lets guestimate at 20%. That means they pay £40 tax. Some of this goes to pay for this and some for that. How much of that £40 per week goes towards paying someone on the dole? £1? 50p? 10p?

Good luck on working it out. I just could not be arsed to do so. Have better things to do with my time like trying to annoy the hell out of cyclone. :hihi:

Yep - Im sick of paying for career job dodgers - and their kids.

Yep - I understand exactly where you are coming from. That 10p per week must really be missed by you. I mean - think of all the things you could buy with it, rather than give it to help those who don't have anything.

Archived