Padley Gorge Whereabouts?

Henrietta

Originally posted by amhudson119

"If you want white coffee, please state it - we're not mind readers" - I love going to that place when I visit.

'This is a serving hatch not a viewing gallery'

So civilised and welcoming. :D

Originally posted by Internetowl

its great in the winter - come in frozen, the fire blazing and steaming hot drinks, toast and other goodies...

As long as you don't stand steaming in front of the fire....

'If you want to be a fire guard, join the fire brigade'

or my favourite

'Unattended children will be sold as slaves'

If you park at that pay-and-display at suprise corner, is it possible to walk (off road) to the corner further back towards Sheffield - is it Toad's mouth or frogs stones or something :confused::P the road has a sharp bend and the brook runs right next to/under it. Could you wander up there and next to the brook? Or is it not suitable?

Originally posted by SHsheff

There are white lines along a lot of that road and technically (ie according to the Highway Code) you're not supposed to cross them. So....anyone caught parking on the verge who has crossed a white line to get there is liable to a fine. :(

Saying that, people do park along there all the time, seemingly untroubled by the inconvenience of returning to the car to find a nasty notice affixed to the screen. It's a risk tho..

On the opposite side of the gorge (Froggat Road side) you're allowed to park for free, but you're supposed to go right up on the 'pavement', otherwise it's a 3-pointer!

• 2 weeks later...

went to grindleford station to park & was welcomed by the rotund gent from the cafe stopping everyone.

went to walk padley gorge & took the wrong turn ended up in Hathersage, all in all nice walk will return & follow the track marked Padley Gorge now that i've seen it.

Originally posted by Splodge_CRB

As long as you don't stand steaming in front of the fire....

'If you want to be a fire guard, join the fire brigade'

or my favourite

'Unattended children will be sold as slaves'

My favourite: "WE DON'T DO MUSHROOMS! So don't ask!" :loopy:

Archived