Obesity in Britain

The NHS spends £1million a week on slimming pills. £4.2billion in 2007 expected to rise to 6.7 by 2015

It spends 2.7billion on drinkers

And 5billion on smokers.

A&E is already making cut backs on treating binge drinkers the figure above is only the a&e spend I couldn't find any others.

Looking at those figures and the information I've found I'm not so sure smoking is the massive deal here, I think we need to look at the scales if we're arguing over what costs more which inevitably comes up in each thread posted.

I take it you smoke:rolleyes:

The NHS doesnt just have a problem with treating obese people, it has the same problem with people underweight.

Yes, ' Obesity ' is the new ' Smoking '. It won 't be long now before the Prodnoses & Control Freaks move into top gear and wage their war on ' Fatties '.

Fatties & Wobblers will soon have to eat [ or guzzle ? ] their grub in special rooms, seperate from mainstream restaurants.

No eating on public transport or at work. No doughnuts in the bus-shelters !

Special queues will be created at supermarkets ---' The Fat Lane '. Children will throw up their tiny paws in horror if they see Mumsie or dear Daddy, gobbling a crafty cream bisuit in the garden shed.

Shop-keepers will be jailed if they are caught selling fatty foods to those already bursting at the seams.

And after the Fatties ? Well, the Drinkers are already half-way to Complete Control, ' driving for pleasure ' is a likely candidate. I guess if they manage all those groups, Reading might be the next ? Or any kind of sex ?

The Control Freaks are never sated. Stalin once said, ' We have to be MORE vigilant, the nearer we get to creating a communist society. ' Also, of course, all the supervision, keeps the Control Freaks in nice cushy jobs, complete with pensions AND power !

Rule Britannia !!

Yes, ' Obesity ' is the new ' Smoking '. It won 't be long now before the Prodnoses & Control Freaks move into top gear and wage their war on ' Fatties '.

Fatties & Wobblers will soon have to eat [ or guzzle ? ] their grub in special rooms, seperate from mainstream restaurants.

No eating on public transport or at work. No doughnuts in the bus-shelters !

Special queues will be created at supermarkets ---' The Fat Lane '. Children will throw up their tiny paws in horror if they see Mumsie or dear Daddy, gobbling a crafty cream bisuit in the garden shed.

Shop-keepers will be jailed if they are caught selling fatty foods to those already bursting at the seams.

And after the Fatties ? Well, the Drinkers are already half-way to Complete Control, ' driving for pleasure ' is a likely candidate. I guess if they manage all those groups, Reading might be the next ? Or any kind of sex ?

The Control Freaks are never sated. Stalin once said, ' We have to be MORE vigilant, the nearer we get to creating a communist society. ' Also, of course, all the supervision, keeps the Control Freaks in nice cushy jobs, complete with pensions AND power !

Rule Britannia !!

I can see your parents didnt bring u up with any respect, hope you dont have children.

Your comments are both offensive and immature!

I feel sorry for large people and find it funny how we bleep racism but dont have the same morals for large people. Pathetic!

I feel sorry for large people and find it funny how we bleep racism but dont have the same morals for large people. Pathetic!

Your very empathetic towards overweight people matty, it's a pity you don't show the same level of empathy when it comes to thieves and smokers.

Most come out and re-offend. The only way is to give the thieves 2 chances. If the theif is to re-offend again, then i'm affraid the hands must be chopped off..

I'm not very keen on thieves but I don't think they should have their hands chopped off.

you should be hung you scumbag smoker

I'm not a smoker but I don't refer to those that smoke as scumbags, it's not very nice.

Your very empathetic towards overweight people matty, it's a pity you don't show the same level of empathy when it comes to thieves and smokers.

I'm not very keen on thieves but I don't think they should have their hands chopped off.

I'm not a smoker but I don't refer to those that smoke as scumbags, it's not very nice.

It's great you trolled pages to find history on myself, thank you.

1) How can you compare a thief to someone overweight? i find that quite a silly responce.

2) Smokers have an addiction, its no different from people with weight problems.

3) You'll find my last comment about smokers light hearted (should've added the LOL)

What you're trying to prove here i dont know?

It's great you trolled pages to find history on myself, thank you.

1) How can you compare a thief to someone overweight? i find that quite a silly responce.

2) Smokers have an addiction, its no different from people with weight problems.

3) You'll find my last comment about smokers light hearted (should've added the LOL)

What you're trying to prove here i dont know?

I'm trying to prove that generally you're very intolerant but when it comes to obesity you suddenly turn into Mahatma Gandi.

PS Finding evidence to back up my argument isn't trolling.

I'm trying to prove that generally you're very intolerant but when it comes to obesity you suddenly turn into Mahatma Gandi.

PS Finding evidence to back up my argument isn't trolling.

I'm intolerant to people who make life hard for others, not for someone having food, smoking, drug addictions.

This comment was silly

Your very empathetic towards overweight people matty, it's a pity you don't show the same level of empathy when it comes to thieves

An overweight person isn't hurting anyone but themselves. Thieves, rapist, murderers, ect are hurting people.

You're not a big fan of representative democracy are you?

Are you an NHS manager by any chance?

What Im trying to get at, is that there will always be anger from people toward others who are getting treatment on the NHS.

Lots of people feel anger towards "greedy fatties" getting millions spent on fat-loss treatment.

Some non-smokers likewise, over the treatment/operations, etc that smokers get.

Then theres the people who are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol.

These get treatment, etc from the NHS, also at a cost, obviously.

People have been arguing the case for years and years.

WHY should this person get this treatment? It's THEIR fault they're

fat/got lung cancer/emphysemia/cirrosis of the liver/schizophrenia etc,etc,etc,etc,etc

We can argue till were blue in the face, but nothing changes.

We DO have to live with it. We can't change anything.

I'm intolerant to people who make life hard for others, not for someone having food, smoking, drug addictions.

This comment was silly

An overweight person isn't hurting anyone but themselves. Thieves, rapist, murderers, ect are hurting people.

Oh whatever, I'd like to reply a bit more in depth but I've got to go. I'm really a 25 stone chain smoking kleptomaniac and I need to pop out to nick some fags and a couple of ginsters pasties.

Archived