Should house prices be dropped drastically - to help the young ?

I'd have a five hour commute to work if I did that. When our folks were young it was much more common for your parents to live down the road. I'd find it a little odd to live with my parents (with my boyfriend) anyway.

You'd have a five hour commute if you rented?

I think rental properties should be taken off lots of landlords-then houseprices would drop anyway. It seems strange that with a declining indigeneous (cant spell) population we need so many more new houses?

I think its a combination of mental immigration, student houses as far as the eye can see and people buying too many houses to rent out. If we reduced all the practices surely house prices would fall to a reasonable level!

...and second homes

One flat at Coode House on Millsands near the courts (Riverside) and one flat at Queens Tower. Left both due to noise. But I am extremely sensitive to noise from neighbouring walls.

I've never been in there so I can't comment but I've never heard any noise other than the odd thud. Back at my parents house (1960's semi) I now notice that you can almost hear what the neighbours are saying.

But, back to the original topic. I do think that they are a viable alternative for first time buyers, you can pick them up (if you want a 1 bedroom) for less than £100K.

Archived