Requesting money through paypal to someone NOT registered

Hi

I'm selling a laptop on ebay and I recieved an email (not through ebay) asking me if I can sell it to them and they gave me an email address to send the money request to.I put the request through and a message "With the details you have submitted we are unable to confirm that the recipient has registered with us"It doen't stop me from from completing the transaction though.

Should I be selling it to this person abroad or should I be cautious i.e. could I be the loser here.

Thanks

Hi

I'm selling a laptop on ebay and I recieved an email (not through ebay) asking me if I can sell it to them and they gave me an email address to send the money request to.I put the request through and a message "With the details you have submitted we are unable to confirm that the recipient has registered with us"It doen't stop me from from completing the transaction though.

Should I be selling it to this person abroad or should I be cautious i.e. could I be the loser here.

Thanks

No you are fine. You don't need an account to buy, just an email address. The buyer goes on line using the link and pays using a credit card. Job done.

Why do you need to send him a request for him to pay you? I don't understand that.

Tell the buyer to open his 'my ebay', click on your item (which will be in his 'won' items) and he can pay through that.

Be very wary about responding to messages that haven't come direct through ebay, especially when dealing with a/ laptops and b/ overseas buyers.

Archived