Yet another "one rule for them"

If I knew you in real life, I'd tell you you're an idiot spouting absolute rubbish, but that would be rude to a total stranger. So I won't. I can't be bothered to unpick the numerous fallacies in your comment, esp at this time in the morning, so I'm not even going to try.

Well lucky for you, unlike the pig in question, i'm not going to attack your legs with a batton for this second "screeching in my face".

2-0 to the citizen vs the filth.

The baton should only be used as a last resort.

First of all he should have maced her until she was incompacitated then given her a good shooing.

The Baton should be treated in the same way as the guirka knife, were if you remove it from the sheath, you have to spill blood before resheathing it.

Don't get me wrong, I think some police are good people but looking at this objectively; everything was peaceful until that copper hit that coloured man. Anyone notice that? It was after that when the protesters started making a fuss - it's clear that the police were provoking trouble and in the wrong.

The woman with the camera who got hit with a baton, what was that about? It was partly because the police don't like having their picture taken - yet look around our streets and there are cameras all over the place! There should not be one 'law' for the public and another for the police. Especially when it involves assault, and that woman did not assault the policeman but he clearly assaulted her. He's nothing but a bully hitting someone like that and for what reason? Because she was rightfully objecting to police behaviour.

I have been to demonstrations myself and have seen with my own eyes police provoking otherwise peaceful protesters. Don't we see a dangerous tread forming here? In the US bully police have murdered people using Tazers, even when they have committed no crime whatsoever. I hope that does not happen in the UK but it could get as bad as that if the police cannot control themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I think some police are good people but looking at this objectively; everything was peaceful until that copper hit that coloured man. Anyone notice that? It was after that when the protesters started making a fuss - it's clear that the police were provoking trouble and in the wrong.

The woman with the camera who got hit with a baton, what was that about? It was partly because the police don't like having their picture taken - yet look around our streets and there are cameras all over the place! There should not be one 'law' for the public and another for the police. Especially when it involves assault, and that woman did not assault the policeman but he clearly assaulted her. He's nothing but a bully hitting someone like that and for what reason? Because she was rightfully objecting to police behaviour.

I have been to demonstrations myself and have seen with my own eyes police provoking otherwise peaceful protesters. Don't we see a dangerous tread forming here? In the US bully police have murdered people using Tazers, even when they have committed no crime whatsoever. I hope that does not happen in the UK but it could get as bad as that if the police cannot control themselves.

Spot on post. Agree 100%

75% agree, right up to the 'dangerous trends' bit. Sometimes bad stuff happens, and this and the tazer stories are examples.

For me it's overstating it to villify the cops too much. It is a difficult job.

If the cop had apologised afterwards and explained that in the heat of the moment bad mistakes are made, and he made one, and he was really sorry... he'd have got more sympathy, as well as better relations with protesters next time.

The problem is that he then goes and fights it in court, seems to have been a bit of a smug git when he got off, and is plainly to my eyes guilty as hell of common assault.

The problem is that he then goes and fights it in court, seems to have been a bit of a smug git when he got off, and is plainly to my eyes guilty as hell of common assault.

Well said, and why everyone else can't see the emboldened bit is just obvious i have no idea.

75% agree, right up to the 'dangerous trends' bit. Sometimes bad stuff happens, and this and the tazer stories are examples.

For me it's overstating it to villify the cops too much. It is a difficult job.

If the cop had apologised afterwards and explained that in the heat of the moment bad mistakes are made, and he made one, and he was really sorry... he'd have got more sympathy, as well as better relations with protesters next time.

Yes I agree we shouldn't vilify the police, then the police shouldn't vilify the public as they often do. The police have a difficult job I agree but it is what they are trained for but several times I have seen where the police are out of order yet 'somehow' they get away with it. Why? Because the public are being vilified and it's them bad protesters again, doing what it is lawful for them to do.

I have been boxed in by the police when I was very tired - they wouldn't let me pass and threatened me with arrest, simply because I wanted to cross the road and go home! I have also been videoed and bodily searched and given a ticket under the terrorism act when all I was doing was standing still with an anti-war banner!

With my own eyes I have seen Police push and shove and shout at protesters and herd them like cattle and as we know, many have seen far worse and if we did what they do to us they would have us in court for assault. Well, it isn't good enough and if the police want our respect they need to respect the public who pay their wages to protect us, not provoke us and then fight us. But we see don't we, that the police are there to uphold policies rather than the law and many of them don't seem to know the difference. But, lets not vilify the police, they are not all the same yet many of them are at these protests - what's more some of them I notice have been without a number on their uniform so we can't report them. :rant:

.......and the filths job is

Well where you see an "officer of the law" i see a pig

the pig.....

2-0 to the citizen vs the filth.

.... police are good people.

Spot on post. Agree 100%

A clear indication that we should take NO notice of this persons posts whatsoever.

Archived