Yet another "one rule for them"

Or do you mean the judge thought that in her opinion there was no evidence?

I am not aware the judge said "no evidence" - I have seen no direct quote of this only BBC commentary. The judge did, however, point out that the demonstration did not constitute "public disorder" prior to the arrival of the TSG and that the mood of the protestors only changed after their deployment.

I am not aware the judge said "no evidence" - I have seen no direct quote of this only BBC commentary. The judge did, however, point out that the demonstration did not constitute "public disorder" prior to the arrival of the TSG and that the mood of the protestors only changed after their deployment.

it just gets worse for these protesters, kicking off at the sight of Police Officers ... they should be ashamed

it just gets worse for these protesters, kicking off at the sight of Police Officers ... they should be ashamed

They did not kick off at the sight of police officers. Prior to the deployment of the TSG the protestors had been cordoned by the City of London police with no "public disorder" reported. Hence the judge questioning the appropriateness of the use of the TSG.

They did not kick off at the sight of police officers. Prior to the deployment of the TSG the protestors had been cordoned by the City of London police with no "public disorder" reported. Hence the judge questioning the appropriateness of the use of the TSG.

i must have read that wrong sorry,

i thought you were saying that they deployed some officers and then the protesters got agitated etc

i must have read that wrong sorry,

i thought you were saying that they deployed some officers and then the protesters got agitated etc

You will find it in this article (3rd paragraph):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/apr/01/london-police

Unfortunately I cannot find any other source then the Guardian for this aspect of the judges comments which is a little shy of direct quotations from the judge herself for my liking. The Guardian's interpretation however is definitely that she was questioning the tactics of senior officers.

The arrival of the TSG at any demonstration is prone to making protestors a little anxious.

Archived