Yet another "one rule for them"

Dont you think it funny that out of all the crowds that was there, on each so called attack, there was someone taking film footage ?

Staged managed by the Loppy Squad for maximum press coverage, oh and not to mention some well needed cash to replenish the lentil and grass store.

I don't find any of it funny. It could be the protestors, it could be the police. Both are in danger of killing part of the democratic process.

I don't find any of it funny. It could be the protestors, it could be the police. Both are in danger of killing part of the democratic process.

Yup, maybe so but whatever, the officer was cleared and thats that

Dont you think it funny that out of all the crowds that was there, on each so called attack, there was someone taking film footage ?

This 'sousveillance' is good really, gives us a perspective of what happened. It has allowed you to stand your ground, you can say you've seen it with your own eyes. No need to attack it.

This 'sousveillance' is good really, gives us a perspective of what happened. It has allowed you to stand your ground, you can say you've seen it with your own eyes. No need to attack it.

No it doesnt, it gives us one little glimpse of something that happened involving a couple of people over a couple of minutes, when in fact there we're thousands there and it lasted a few hours.

Where is the footage of the real protesters who turned up for, and managed to hold a peaceful demo, there aint none because that doesnt make the headlines.

She shouldnt have come at him in an aggressive manner holding objects that could have been mistaken for weapons.

Alternatively, she should have just gone home.

A carton of orange juice and a camera. If I headbutt someone in Fargate because they're walking towards me holding a carton of orange juice and a camera, do you really think I'll be let off? I'd suggest that a police officer who can't tell the difference between a carton of orange juice and a weapon is incompetent to do the job.

A carton of orange juice and a camera. If I headbutt someone in Fargate because they're walking towards me holding a carton of orange juice and a camera, do you really think I'll be let off? I'd suggest that a police officer who can't tell the difference between a carton of orange juice and a weapon is incompetent to do the job.

If they were effing and blinding and waving their arms whilst trying to get within half a foot of of your face, sure you'd get away with it, you'd be well within your rights to deck the bleeder. It's threatening behaviour.

If they were effing and blinding and waving their arms whilst trying to get within half a foot of of your face, sure you'd get away with it, you'd be well within your rights to deck the bleeder. It's threatening behaviour.

Not really accurate. When the police are assessing whether the use of force is reasonable, they look at Intent and Capacity to cause harm, and they give them a low, medium or high rating. In the example you give, the Intent would be a high rating, but Capacity would depend on what size they are relative to me, and whether they have any weapons. In Sgt. Smellie's case, he was much bigger than the woman, so in a comparable case involving me on Fargate, unless the other person was armed her Capacity would only be medium or low, not enough to lawfully warrant violence from me. I don't reckon I'd have much joy in arguing that her holding a carton of orange juice raised her Capacity to harm me to 'high'. But then I'm not a copper.

Not really accurate. When the police are assessing whether the use of force is reasonable, they look at Intent and Capacity to cause harm, and they give them a low, medium or high rating. In the example you give, the Intent would be a high rating, but Capacity would depend on what size they are relative to me, and whether they have any weapons. In Sgt. Smellie's case, he was much bigger than the woman, so in a comparable case involving me on Fargate, unless the other person was armed her Capacity would only be medium or low, not enough to lawfully warrant violence from me. I don't reckon I'd have much joy in arguing that her holding a carton of orange juice raised her Capacity to harm me to 'high'. But then I'm not a copper.

Really? But you sound like such an expert to be able to lecture how police should do their job and react in a volatile situation. Are you a police trainer then?

It was clearly assault! Then how can anyone say there's not one rule for them and another for us???
I don't think there is one rule for the police and one for the law abiding people, as evidenced by the fact that this officer was taken to court. IMO the police shouldn't be accountable in the same way as you or I should be.

You might be out there fighting drunk and abusing members of the public, A police officer on duty won't be, but he may have to subdue you. If you get hurt in the course of that, tough! They're doing their job and keeping the peace for the majority.

Looking back he probably wishes he'd just arrested her for assault and obstructing an officer in the course of his duty. That would have satisfied you, I suppose? A bruised thigh has got to be better than having a record that shows up everytime she applies for a job.

Archived