Do such groups actually help combat racism?

no one is forcing anybody to have a team full of trans-gender players - if you happened to have a team full of white, heterosexual players, who would stop you? but why on earth would a group set up to try and help end discrimination give you money?

most teams will be pretty much completely white, which is statistically likely, since, regardless of what you think, most people in the country, and even more so in yorkshire, and even more so in sheffield, are white.

exactly its a waste of money!!!

most teams are not wholly white, in fact ive never seen a team consisting of only white people,

tell me how you think such an initiative will help end racism

if people want to play football they will regardless of age ,gender or colour

if this was a group offering money to get white people involved in something it would be classed as racist

no one is forcing anybody to have a team full of trans-gender players - if you happened to have a team full of white, heterosexual players, who would stop you? but why on earth would a group set up to try and help end discrimination give you money?

most teams will be pretty much completely white, which is statistically likely, since, regardless of what you think, most people in the country, and even more so in yorkshire, and even more so in sheffield, are white.

So these groups are just set up to rather than allow BME people into the white team they would create an integrated BME team? That's not integration, it's just more segregation. Surely it would be better to give the white team money for every non white member they have. Not give a BME group money to set up a rival team.

you quite clearly stated several times, that you feel that it is natural for us to keep 'the races' separate, and to instinctively avoid non white people. what else do you think racism is?

but if you don't want to expose yourself to the opposite opinion any more, then that is fine by me, i certainly wont be any worse off.

for the record, i know nothing about you, and have done nothing but counter the arguments you have put forward. hey ho.

No I did not. In basic terms I said that racism is just an off shoot of fear, fear was put there as a tool of self preservation. It's our most basic, natural instinct to fear things we don't understand.

Red Bold. Don't kid yourself. You sound like you're about seventeen years old and want something to champion. It's natural though so I forgive you.

i've already stated how i feel it can help in my first post - through encouraging integration. and for what it's worth, i have seen plenty of teams with no players from a non white background. statistics show that participation in sport amongst ethnic communities is lower than in the white community - especially amongst girls.

if you have seen many good examples of mixed teams, then that's great! surely then, this will help build on that, so that the next generation of parents will have less hang ups than the current one.

one of the truths that is ultimately ignored is that the bias that has prevented kids, particularly from the asian community, from joining mixed teams, is from within their own culture. if these grants help that to be overcome, how can that possibly affect the white community negatively?

if there was an initiative encouraging those with learning difficulties to join football teams, would you be decrying that to be discriminatory against those who who had no problems?

if there was a find encouraging white people to learn urdu at their local college, would that upset you?

i've already stated how i feel it can help in my first post - through encouraging integration. and for what it's worth, i have seen plenty of teams with no players from a non white background. statistics show that participation in sport amongst ethnic communities is lower than in the white community - especially amongst girls.

if you have seen many good examples of mixed teams, then that's great! surely then, this will help build on that, so that the next generation of parents will have less hang ups than the current one.

one of the truths that is ultimately ignored is that the bias that has prevented kids, particularly from the asian community, from joining mixed teams, is from within their own culture. if these grants help that to be overcome, how can that possibly affect the white community negatively?

if there was an initiative encouraging those with learning difficulties to join football teams, would you be decrying that to be discriminatory against those who who had no problems?

if there was a find encouraging white people to learn urdu at their local college, would that upset you?

So is it OK to reward this type of racism? I would agree more with money for people with learning difficulties for by their very definition they have difficulties understanding, to reward an obtuse insular community is the thing I don't like. Have you ever thought that the first couple of generations of BME may not have been brought up in a culture where football is the national game. Same as America, they don't like soccer that much, but we don't go giving grants to white Americans do we? We let them play basketball.

And regarding languages. No it wouldn't as language is very different and often needed to allow integration. Giving money to a group that doesn't really play football to set up their own football teams, especially when there's no proof they are turned away from existing teams, is just another form of discrimination.

And what's with the inflammatory use of words like upset. People don't have to be upset to enquire or have an opinion. You're not helping integration any if you start labelling people with opinions that slightly differ as "right wing", or "upset".

No I did not. In basic terms I said that racism is just an off shoot of fear, fear was put there as a tool of self preservation. It's our most basic, natural instinct to fear things we don't understand.

Red Bold. Don't kid yourself. You sound like you're about seventeen years old and want something to champion. It's natural though so I forgive you.

now whose making things personal? i'll chose to ignore your second bit.

i completely dispute your statement about the nature of racism, for the same reasons as i have several times over. whether it is meant to be or not, your statement itself is racist, if nothing more than by creating a justification for racist behaviour.

So is it OK to reward this type of racism? I would agree more with money for people with learning difficulties for by their very definition they have difficulties understanding, to reward an obtuse insular community is the thing I don't like. Have you ever thought that the first couple of generations of BME may not have been brought up in a culture where football is the national game. Same as America, they don't like soccer that much, but we don't go giving grants to white Americans do we? We let them play basketball.

your choice of the word 'reward' is bizare. the only 'reward' being made available is the possibility of otherwise inactive young people taking part in sport. to begrudge that outcome is at best mean spirited.

money that increases participation through targeted campaigns is money well spent, regardless of who the target is. everything else is really a totally seperate (and increasingly irrelevant to the original post) argument.

your choice of the word 'reward' is bizare. the only 'reward' being made available is the possibility of otherwise inactive young people taking part in sport. to begrudge that outcome is at best mean spirited.

money that increases participation through targeted campaigns is money well spent, regardless of who the target is. everything else is really a totally seperate (and increasingly irrelevant to the original post) argument.

It is rewarding behaviour that keeps people segregated. If BME families wanted their children to play football I'm sure many football teams would let them. Do you not accept that the reason why some minorities may not play the sport is because A) It hasn't been part of their culture and B) Their parents are likely afraid of the people who play the sport and the culture that it comes from. Hence the parents of the BME kids are the very ones causing the problem. Ergo, the parents bad behaviour is being rewarded with money.

Just because you don't have an answer doesn't make it irrelevant. I have stayed on topic.

now whose making things personal? i'll chose to ignore your second bit.

i completely dispute your statement about the nature of racism, for the same reasons as i have several times over. whether it is meant to be or not, your statement itself is racist, if nothing more than by creating a justification for racist behaviour.

Missed this. Please point out which statement of mine is racist.

Archived