Do such groups actually help combat racism?

It is rewarding behaviour that keeps people segregated. If BME families wanted their children to play football I'm sure many football teams would let them. Do you not accept that the reason why some minorities may not play the sport is because A) It hasn't been part of their culture and B) Their parents are likely afraid of the people who play the sport and the culture that it comes from. Hence the parents of the BME kids are the very ones causing the problem. Ergo, the parents bad behaviour is being rewarded with money.

totally agree, the people that this initiative is targeted at are the ones who choose not to participate rather than them being excluded by racist/homophobic behaviour of other participants of the sport,

Just because you don't have an answer doesn't make it irrelevant. I have stayed on topic.

i have provided more than sufficient answer to your opinions over what racism is, and whether or not it is natural, so you can pack that right in.

It is rewarding behaviour that keeps people segregated

i find that almost insane, it is quite clearly the absolute and complete opposite of that!!

Missed this. Please point out which statement of mine is racist.

at danger of repeating ourselves - this whole statement:

"Racism is just the natural fear of the unknown that comes with self preservation. Do you think it would have been in the interest of humans 100,000 years ago to want to mix with every human they met?

You misunderstand the species link. The fact is they are different, the first thing any creature needs to do to survive is fear the unknown. Otherwise we just wouldn't be here.

To imply that racism is just a modern day phenomena is naive. Try using the word tribalism rather than racism and it will make sense."

is an attempt to create a justification for racist behaviour, by claiming it as an ancient and natural thing, handed down through the ages as a tool of self preservation. i find that such a justification in in itself more dangerous than direct racism, and as such, inherently racist.

and finally on this point - from what i can tell by reading through the funding streams, there is absolutely nothing stopping any existing team from applying for a grant and participating in the schemes.

from all of this i can only take one thing - clearly you don't want anyone to encourage further integration to take place, which i think is sad.

totally agree, the people that this initiative is targeted at are the ones who choose not to participate rather than them being excluded by racist/homophobic behaviour of other participants of the sport,

one of the main reasons shown in the studies i have looked at for why parents of BME kids don't encourage their kids to participate at present, is because they think that their kids will be subjected to racist behaviour, and will not be welcome - and judging by the responses from you two, they seem to be right! ;)

can you not at least see that breaking the two barriers down can only be a good thing?

i have provided more than sufficient answer to your opinions over what racism is, and whether or not it is natural, so you can pack that right in.

i find that almost insane, it is quite clearly the absolute and complete opposite of that!!

at danger of repeating ourselves - this whole statement:

"Racism is just the natural fear of the unknown that comes with self preservation. Do you think it would have been in the interest of humans 100,000 years ago to want to mix with every human they met?

You misunderstand the species link. The fact is they are different, the first thing any creature needs to do to survive is fear the unknown. Otherwise we just wouldn't be here.

To imply that racism is just a modern day phenomena is naive. Try using the word tribalism rather than racism and it will make sense."

is an attempt to create a justification for racist behaviour, by claiming it as an ancient and natural thing, handed down through the ages as a tool of self preservation. i find that such a justification in in itself more dangerous than direct racism, and as such, inherently racist.

and finally on this point - from what i can tell by reading through the funding streams, there is absolutely nothing stopping any existing team from applying for a grant and participating in the schemes.

from all of this i can only take one thing - clearly you don't want anyone to encourage further integration to take place, which i think is sad.

The bold. Then you are an over reactionary fool. It is not a justification, it is an explanation as to where the roots of what we now call racism lie.

For a minute I was giving yo the benefit of doubt but you clearly are out to just find evil in the world where it doesn't exist. It's people with attitudes like yours that create racist divides by using the term to label people at the drop of a hat.

Does that mean my girlfriend of Pakistani origin was wrong about me?

one of the main reasons shown in the studies i have looked at for why parents of BME kids don't encourage their kids to participate at present, is because they think that their kids will be subjected to racist behaviour, and will not be welcome - and judging by the responses from you two, they seem to be right! ;)

can you not at least see that breaking the two barriers down can only be a good thing?

No attitudes like that are racist. So if I say I won't go to a mosque because I fear being called an infidel can I get a grant. The BME parents are the racist ones for just assuming the nasty white people will be nasty to them.

Got any links to these studies you have done?

And again, this you two crap. Show me one racist remark or give over with the self righteous crap.

our football team has an asian lad who is dropped off at training, dropped off for matches on a sunday with his parents expecting him to have a lift, they have never attended a match whilst i have been there, bearing in mind we are talking about an 8/9 year old, it isnt us that have the problem

ooh look another way of trotting out the same old garbage

Rather than popping up with your usual trollish crap like, "they're human beings" or "ooh look another way of trotting out the same old garbage" why don't you step away from your computer and stop reading. I'd imagine after so many years and so many posts anyone would have seen the same subject more than once.

Archived