Do such groups actually help combat racism?

The bold. Then you are an over reactionary fool. It is not a justification, it is an explanation as to where the roots of what we now call racism lie.

it is your explanation of racism, and it is one that i find unpleasant and littered with dangerous half truths. you were closer to being right when you talked about tribalism, but they are not and never have been the same thing - not for thousands of years.

myexplanation of the type of racism we are talking about is to do with community, poverty and envy. the post enoch powell racism has to do with any percieved advantage being given to any ethnic group, and the outpouring tends to come from those that somehow feel they are losing out as a consequence.

there's a good reason why the BNP and other such groups target working class areas of cities is usually they are the places where they can find disadvantaged white people.

before 'BME''s arrived and became targeted, the situation had been mirrored with attitudes towards irish workers, and then into fractious regionalism.

this thread is all the evidence you should need to see that. it isn't a 'natural fear' of asian people or vice versa that is at the root of this - it's cold hard cash and resentment.

again, i will not deem to get personal and make insults at you, as it serves to make the arguments look petty.

I'd imagine after so many years and so many posts anyone would have seen the same subject more than once.

funny how the same couple of subjects seem to be recurring more and more over the past couple of years tho? :huh:

Maybe because they're current topics.

Fact people only have so much to talk about. Have you never repeated yourself with you 25000+ posts?

and you seem very familier about me and the arguements for somebody whos just joined :huh:

our football team has an asian lad who is dropped off at training, dropped off for matches on a sunday with his parents expecting him to have a lift, they have never attended a match whilst i have been there, bearing in mind we are talking about an 8/9 year old, it isnt us that have the problem

so you do have the one asian lad, but you don't really like his family, and think they have a problem.

all of the white parents on the other hand i assume are doting on their kids, and never miss a second of anything?

do you know anything about the asian kids family and circumstance, or are you just making guesses about them having a problem, because their asians?

it is your explanation of racism, and it is one that i find unpleasant and littered with dangerous half truths. you were closer to being right when you talked about tribalism, but they are not and never have been the same thing - not for thousands of years.

Then it's your understanding of what I wrote that's to blame. So at one time you agree that racism is just tribalism but not in the modern age. What are countries?

myexplanation of the type of racism we are talking about is to do with community, poverty and envy. the post enoch powell racism has to do with any percieved advantage being given to any ethnic group, and the outpouring tends to come from those that somehow feel they are losing out as a consequence.

Now you're creating different types of racism. Tell me what the different types are and how many there are. I want to know which one you might label me as next. Why would anyone lose out if all I have said is that money shouldn't be allowed. I personally said giving money is rewarding bad behaviour.

there's a good reason why the BNP and other such groups target working class areas of cities is usually they are the places where they can find disadvantaged white people.

Living next door to disadvantaged, poor black people. Poverty is not an indicator of racial preference. You have to be middle class.

before 'BME''s arrived and became targeted, the situation had been mirrored with attitudes towards irish workers, and then into fractious regionalism.

Of course, and this gives more weight to my argument that people will fear what they don't know. I imagine the Irish immigrants weren't of BME decent so why do you think the white Irish may have suffered similar treatment?

this thread is all the evidence you should need to see that. it isn't a 'natural fear' of asian people or vice versa that is at the root of this - it's cold hard cash and resentment.

No it's about equality and integration. By giving money to one side that doesn't integrate is neither equal nor integration. Why would anyone be jealous of not getting £2000 that they wouldn't have got anyway. You're really just looking for other reasons to make us look bad. First it was race, now it's because we're jealous and poor. I like it though. You acuse us of everything yet it seems to be the accuser that's guilty on this count.

again, i will not deem to get personal and make insults at you, as it serves to make the arguments look petty.

See the whole bold quote and practice what you preach.

and you seem very familier about me and the arguements for somebody whos just joined :huh:

I read your post on the Somali thread this morning (don't worry I wasn't being racist, I used to live very close to Exeter Drive) and I can see you have 25000 posts. It's not quantum mechanics.

If god created us, he created us in different varieties. If we are a product of nature, nature created us in different varieties. Be it through intelligent design or years of evolution we are different races, cultures and colours. We've only been a global community for about fifty years
That is not true. People have been interbreeding and moving about for a lot longer than that.

I think it's very unfair to go labelling groups as racist or backwards for having natural fears.
You think it's unfair to label racist people as racists? how odd.:loopy:

Humans and animals aren't meant to mix with other tribes\groups if we were we wouldn't survive as a species.
That is not true. Genetic diversity greatly improves our chances of surviving as a species.

I'm gonna leave you with

there's only one race that matters, the human race. So say we all.:)

so you do have the one asian lad, but you don't really like his family, and think they have a problem.

all of the white parents on the other hand i assume are doting on their kids, and never miss a second of anything?

do you know anything about the asian kids family and circumstance, or are you just making guesses about them having a problem, because their asians?

The fact that his team lets the kid play proves all you have said wrong.

That is not true. People have been interbreeding and moving about for a lot longer than that.

They have but not with regards to mass immigration and integration like we do now.

You think it's unfair to label racist people as racists? how odd.:loopy:

No, I think it's unfair to go labelling people's natural fears as racist. Would a BME family that doesn't want their child to play football with the white kids be racist or would they just have an uneducated fear about a culture they know little of?

That is not true. Genetic diversity greatly improves our chances of surviving as a species.

I'm gonna leave you with

there's only one race that matters, the human race. So say we all.:)

Again, fear of something that is different to us is perfectly natural to the survival of the species. Genetic diversity allows for a better mix but the way the brain has evolved and genetic diversity are very different.

I'll leave you with the forum

Archived