Do such groups actually help combat racism?

so you do have the one asian lad, but you don't really like his family, and think they have a problem.

all of the white parents on the other hand i assume are doting on their kids, and never miss a second of anything?

do you know anything about the asian kids family and circumstance, or are you just making guesses about them having a problem, because their asians?

who said i dont like his family? im saying they dont like football,

all the other parents [not just white] black, mixed race, asian and white manage to turn up and watch their children as it is one of the joys of being a parent, but i will give his family this: at least they managed to get him involved in a team despite the fact that they dont watch him play without being bribed to take him there.

MOKE OR SHOULD I CALL YOU JOKE?

it is people with opinions like yours that create the problems you are just that blinkered you cant see it

Doesn't fix things though does it?

I do think it helps, actually. Giving people who do bad things a label with negative connotations will prevent some people from doing said bad things for fear of getting the label.

Do you have a better idea?

I do think it helps, actually. Giving people who do bad things a label with negative connotations will prevent some people from doing said bad things for fear of getting the label.

So you think it's wrong to act on one's fears if it leads to racism yet you will happily accept people shouldn't do something for fear of being labelled. Fear just leads to more isolated groups.

Majorly flawed argument though as people don't stop comitting crimes for the fear of being labelled a criminal. I understand your mindset much better now though.

Education and understanding on all parts.

Furthermore, the more you label something the more it will act so. If you keep telling someone they are bad and worthless, eventually they will end up that way.

So you think it's wrong to act on one's fears if it leads to racism yet you will happily accept people shouldn't do something for fear of being labelled.
That's not what I said. People shouldn't be racist because it's unethical, not for fear of being labelled. What I said was that some people will (not should) not be racist for fear of being labelled.

Fear just leads to more isolated groups.
Not fear of being labelled a racist.

Majorly flawed argument though as people don't stop comitting crimes for the fear of being labelled a criminal. I understand your mindset much better now though.
Of course people's behaviors are affected by social stigmas, to argue otherwise is lunacy.

Education and understanding on all parts.
I'm down with that, but I'm still gonna call racists racist.

Archived