Do such groups actually help combat racism?

He never asked for that. You want an example of racism in Sheffield?

in particular in junior football that will explain why lesbians,transgender homosexuals, and black minority ethnic groups would benefit from a grant of upto £2000 excluding other groups that would also benefit from this money,

to have cultural cohesion everybody should be treated the same, basically if i had a football team full of transgender black people i may qualify for a £2000 grant, but if you dared to predominantly have white heterosexual people in your team you qualify for nothing, surely this is discrimination??

..but if football teams were overwhelmingly made up of transgender black kids, then I'd be the first person putting my hand in my pocket to help white kids to engage in this sport if they wanted to, because ultimately it would help the two learn to get on together-and hey we might even discover another Wayne Rooney who otherwise might have been getting fat in the company of his PS3.

If your argument had any credibility, then higher rate tax payers who send their kids to private school and have medical insurance would have a valid argument to pay lower taxes and not subsidise the hoi polloi.

in particular in junior football that will explain why lesbians,transgender homosexuals, and black minority ethnic groups would benefit from a grant of upto £2000 excluding other groups that would also benefit from this money,

But that is one grant, for a section of society that doesn't normally benefit from sports money. Junior football can get money for their projects if they wish to, irrelevant of their race. Sport England offer grants up to £10,000. I can't even begin to count the organisations here that are giving money away.

(Link) yorkshiresport.org.uk - Show Me The Money

You begrudge one organisation trying to get minority children to play sports?

But that is one grant, for a section of society that doesn't normally benefit from sports money. Junior football can get money for their projects if they wish to, irrelevant of their race. Sport England offer grants up to £10,000. I can't even begin to count the organisations here that are giving money away.

(Link) yorkshiresport.org.uk - Show Me The Money

whilst excluding others? yes i do!!!

sport is for all and in my experience [i am actually involved in junior football] nobody is discriminated against it is about ability and colour or sexual orientation is irrelevant,

i think the money would be better spent getting overweight children to play football.

i am not racist i just do not believe such things are neccessary,

bearing in mind this is advertised on a junior football league website,

so specifically how do you promote football to bme community?

because if you dont like football you dont like football your either into it or you are not, some of the best players the world has seen from the slums and shanty towns in brazil as soon as they were old enough have kicked a ball, what are we going to do buy every "minority group" a football??

If there is one industry in this country that definitly is not discriminatory it is football; clubs pull talent from anywhere and everywhere.

At the highest level, English players are becoming a rarity; in the Arsenal/Barcelona game the other day, Arsenal fielded one English player - as a sub late on - and he was black.

..but if football teams were overwhelmingly made up of transgender black kids, then I'd be the first person putting my hand in my pocket to help white kids to engage in this sport if they wanted to, because ultimately it would help the two learn to get on together-and hey we might even discover another Wayne Rooney who otherwise might have been getting fat in the company of his PS3.

If your argument had any credibility, then higher rate tax payers who send their kids to private school and have medical insurance would have a valid argument to pay lower taxes and not subsidise the hoi polloi.

it is down to the parents to get their kids to play football!!!!

who said the two groups dont get on together???? like ive said we have kids from all backgrounds in our team and we all get on together as do a lot of other teams, so their isnt a problem as far as i can see it,

if somebody perceives there to be a problem it doesnt neccesarily mean there is.

if the boot was on the other foot what would all the minority groups be saying about it? ill tell you "racist" thats what because it is.

definition of racist: Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

sport is for all and in my experience [i am actually involved in junior football] nobody is discriminated against it is about ability and colour or sexual orientation is irrelevant

I'm sure that is true, but i don't see the problem with money being available to help 'minority' children (i don't like the term really) get started. I'm not involved personally, i couldn't tell you what they'd need, but there is no problem with attempting something. I can't see how you can be against that.

If there is one institution in this country that definitly is not discriminatory it is football

Very true. Football is well known for being a utopia for all. It didn't take them 30 years to stop making monkey noises at black players, did it?

its creating a problem where there isnt one have a look at modern day football herehttp://full-time.thefa.com/DisplayFixture.do?id=1392535 this is just one team but as you can see modern day football is multicultural already so it is a waste of money,

and can you imagine encouraging girls into a football team and asking them if they were a lesbian?

ridiculous because the whole point in an inclusive society tolerant of others beliefs gender sexual orientation etc is that it is irrelevant what they do in the comfort of their own bedroom or what colour they are and by specifically targeting these people you are excluding others,

Archived