Christians lay down the law

Or we can carry on sniping at each other as Jobee and Halibut are doing - bye bye thread ...

I hate this attitude, but he wont discuss post content, he gets strait into the

poster, pity.

I hate this attitude, but he wont discuss post content, he gets strait into the

poster, pity.

Why don't you just ignore posters you feel are not discussing the posts, rather than rising to them, and even making posts directed at third parties that are also nothing but attacks on another poster?

Why don't you just ignore posters you feel are not discussing the posts, rather than rising to them, and even making posts directed at third parties that are also nothing but attacks on another poster?

Will do. Back to post content and human rights.

Should also point out that despite what people are calling them they aren't really blasphemy laws, they are laws against [insulting] any religion, not just Christianity/Catholicism, that would make some of the discussions on SF illegal!

Blasphemy: the act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk

You can be blasphemous about any religion, it just depends who you're talking to, and if they decide to take offence.

The EU as an organisation is secular - that does not mean the countries in it necessarily are.

It doesn't really have anything to do with the EU, and it can't have tbh, because if the EU intervened (which it can't anyway, not having the power to do so) there would be several million people in ireland wondering how the EU suddenly came above their constitution.

Should also point out that despite what people are calling them they aren't really blasphemy laws, they are laws against [insulting] any religion, not just Christianity/Catholicism, that would make some of the discussions on SF illegal!

So all the Irishmen that fought in wars for free speech and democracy died in

vain. Blasphemy is not illegal in the UK.

No other current threads on blasphemy, but plenty this week posted provocatively about Christianity, including some aimed at specific forum users who are openly Christian.

Probably because many people are not sure what Christianity supposed to be

doing. Hitler and Tony Blair were both Christians - both started wars.

[On countries that had done nothing to their religions or their countries]

The Pope accepted Blair into Catholicism after his slaughter in Iraq.

But Ratzinger 'pope'-wouldn't accept a perfectly innocent homosexual.

What happened to 'thou shall not kill'. And what have homosexuals done to

the Pope. Its all very, very, confusing.

Shut it, or I will get Jesus on you.

Haha I would laugh, but I think this anti religious thing is going a bit off the scale now.

I am going to hide. I don't want to be fed to the lions for being a christian :D

(My bold/red.)

What has this got to do with religion?

It's about discrimination. In Ireland you can still say that Toyota make crap cars or that Hoover vacuum cleaners suck (:D), but you can't say that if god actually existed, he'd be the biggest piece of sh*t ever, should that be your opinion. Discrimination.

Nobody's being anti-religious here.

Archived