Baby monitors with strange voices

Hi everyone i no this might sound weird but has anybody else with children heard weird noises and voices over their baby monitors i have been hearing very strange noises and voices over my baby monitor tonight and it has frightened me to death.....

Hi everyone i no this might sound weird but has anybody else with children heard weird noises and voices over their baby monitors i have been hearing very strange noises and voices over my baby monitor tonight and it has frightened me to death.....
baby monitors can sometimes pick up other radio signals. I wouldn't worry.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081106064825AA8jJoU

If someone else locally has a wireless monitor on the same or similar frequency then they can both pick up each other's signal, so if that family is appearing on your baby monitor then you also need to consider that you're appearing on theirs too! Be careful how many dark secrets you discuss in the nursery won't you?

We had a similar thing happen at my sister's when I'd gone to fetch niecelet out of the nursery after her nap and went into the bathroom to change her nappy, when my sister came upstairs to check out why I had left niecelet crying in the nursery. I hadn't left her at all, but Evie, of a similar age to niecelet and living two houses away, was having a screaming fit 2 doors away and the monitors were all confused.

baby monitors used to be used by private investigators to listen in on telephone conversations when people had analogue cordless phones, lots of equipment use the frequency that a baby monitor uses, don't worry you are just picking up someone elses transmissions

Archived