Divorced/Separated Parents, access.

I do NOT think it is right that a mother takes the children to the opposite end of the country making contact nigh on impossible for the father.

Doesn't look like there was any qualification for this, so no circumstances when it might be the right thing to do?

Your all idiots (barring a few)

How the hell do you know till you have been in the situation.

Moving a child away from brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles, cousins...even more importantly the dad or mum h - how is that anywhere near right!?!?

Fathers have absolutely no rights, they could be absolute saints and the mother could have come from the seventh level of hell and the dad still has no right.

Where is it right to stop a parent seeing their child when they cleary miss them and WANT to spend time with them

Where is it right to make a decision for a child to stop seeing the other parent - thats cruel, spiteful and down right wrong, in the end the child would grow to hate the parent for not allowing them to see the other parent and bring them up on nothing but lies.

Be in the situation of doing everything you can to see your children, be in the situation of not seeing your child or children for months, even years, and then come back and tell me its right...

I bet you cant!!!!

Moving a child away from brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles, cousins...even more importantly the dad or mum h - how is that anywhere near right!?!?

Fathers have absolutely no rights, they could be absolute saints and the mother could have come from the seventh level of hell and the dad still has no right.

Where is it right to stop a parent seeing their child when they cleary miss them and WANT to spend time with them

Where is it right to make a decision for a child to stop seeing the other parent - thats cruel, spiteful and down right wrong, in the end the child would grow to hate the parent for not allowing them to see the other parent and bring them up on nothing but lies.

Be in the situation of doing everything you can to see your children, be in the situation of not seeing your child or children for months, even years, and then come back and tell me its right...

I bet you cant!!!!

Is everything in your world black or white? Your life must be so easy.

I notice your post is all about what is right for the absent parent. Thats the point, it's not all about the parent. A family will consist of at least three people in most circumstances, sometimes their interests will conflict. Sometimes the absent parent will come off worst and not get what he wants.

That does not always mean that those decisions have been taken in spite, nor that the are not in the best interests of the child, and even if they aren't that in the best interests of the child that isn't always going to necesserily be the deciding factor, especially if there are other children to consider.

As opposed to yourself, who posts this :loopy: in response to posts of people who don't agree with you, even when its glaringly obviously they have mistyped something rather than actually said something :loopy:

Did I tell anyone they were stupid? I am sure I commented on what was said. Maybe my brain and fingers were not working in unison.

I like these mistypes and a certain other person on this topic has pulled me up for similar - so what's good for the goose ... etc.

I did not know whether you was referring to the Australian/Sheffield family. I have made some assumptions believing mistypes before and have been pulled up about being wrong - so I have started to treat what people type as being what they intended to type, except in the case of spelling or grammatical errors which I tend not to see anyhow.

I do think that the question is justifiable but without knowing more about the case and who moved where then I really do not have any idea of what would be best in that situation.

To suggest that a mother moves away from family and friends - a point which is steadfastly being ignored - for the benefit of the child(ren) confounds me. To say that the mother is always right in her actions, or to insinuate this to be the case, is equally confounding.

There are cases where mothers have moved to be closer to relatives and this is understandable. It is clearly obvious in some cases that the sole purpose of such a move has been to make contact very difficult for the father. As I have not researched all instances of family seperations I cannot comment on those cases I am unaware of. This is why I support each case being treated on its own merits.

A mother moving from one end of the country to live with her parents at the other end of the country, removing the child from its father; siblings; aunts; uncles and so on does not sound like an action taken in the best interests of the child, regardless of the fact that the child would have its grandparents. What about all the family the child will no longer have contact with? I have no experience of a mother not receiving support from both sides of the family - both her own and the ex's. In the hope of maintaining contact and with thoughts of the child the families I know of attempt to help the individuals and do not take sides. I can only speak through my own experiences and those of friends on this. I know there are other times when there may be only enmity between ex's and in laws, but my lack of knowledge concerning these limits what I feel able to comment about them.

It has been mentioned time and again that I have not responded to certain questions asked. Well I sometimes do not see those questions as being relevant, or do not see the point in offering an opinion which will be ripped apart because of my lack of knowledge concerning the particular question.

I also notice that certain other posters do not speak through experience or knowledge, but rely instead on their own moral justification. So what is the point in debating with them, especially when you know they are never going to change their minds or even admit that they could possibly be in the wrong about something.

I agree with you that there are instances where it is best for a parent to move. I am only commenting on those cases where I know the child's best interests are not evident. I can only assume and guess at the things I have no experience or real knowledge about.

If that makes me stupid and my arguments or statements inferior then so be it. I say it as I see it. That one particular person seems set on ripping apart everything I post will not put me off saying my piece, regardless of whether that person thinks me an imbecile or not. That the same person does not speak through experience or knowledge on the topic seems besides the point.

Hope that answers all your questions.

Is everything in your world black or white? Your life must be so easy.

How the hell did you come to that conclusion....its how it works - not always with the mum not always with the dad...

I think what i have said is reasonable and you have to be in the situation to understand how hard it is!

Coming from a similar situation where my ex took away my son when she met another man and didn’t want me around I am now finally getting her to court later into he month to try and reinstate access. I can empathise with the guy in this program.

Many women will use children as weapons. Some do not but a shocking number of them do. Out of all the separated families I know, only one has an amicable agreement over access while everyone other either has serious difficulty or has not seen their kid(s) is years.

It’s a sorry state of affairs in this country when parents are not equal in the eyes of the law.

I bet you cant!!!!

Going from direct personal experience, I totally agree with you.

The law is years behind modern society as is the same with any internet laws they pass.

In the meantime you have decent hard working fathers who cannot see their child because the mother has some wicked vendetta. Unless a crime is commited there should be an automatic right for a father to see their children, mother's opinion or not.

Id like to think my current partner would not put up the walls from me seeing my kids, but if she did i would have a huge battle to even say hello or make a phonecall.

There are far to many childish girls out there who say one thing and mean the complete oposite, and it's the guy left to pick up the pieces. Not saying some fathers are not asses, but come on......All of them?

Archived