Why do crb checks take so long

I applied for mine yesterday. They say 6 weeks is the norm now.

I guess its that so many people have to regularly have them these days.

ive tracked mine on line with the crb ref code and its at stage 4 which apparently can be held for upto 60 days, i find this very annoying as i cannot start work until its come through, my friend applied for hers 2 weeks ago and got it through within a week, shes now started her new job.

ive tracked mine on line with the crb ref code and its at stage 4 which apparently can be held for upto 60 days, i find this very annoying as i cannot start work until its come through, my friend applied for hers 2 weeks ago and got it through within a week, shes now started her new job.

Maybe they've found something? :)

Maybe they've found something? :)

lol i dont think so, im as honest as they come, and mine was just a renewal as my old one had run out, ive never had a crim record in my life, lol, i know you have to have a fresh one with every job now, and it is a new job im waiting to start.

They can take months to come.

I think the concept is ridiculous. You can work for the same employer for years and years, and if you change one aspect of your job description you have to be checked again. Yet there are people who have been employed in the same role since before the CRB check was introduced who have never had one done.

Moronic, isn't it?

It takes so long because of the amount of people who require them for work now. CRB checks are required for lots more job positions now than ever before, and this is only going to increase.

Archived