Why do crb checks take so long

Sent for mine end of February and still not back. Started tracking it and on stage 4 (final before processing). Has been for over 2 weeks.

Nothing to do with your past, I last had a CRB very end of 2008 which was clean, still clean and its already been over twice as long.

I guess a lot of people out of work are having to apply for these now to get new jobs. Im waiting for mine for the taxi badge. Very annoying knowing it will come back just as I stated on the form and had to pay for this service.

BTW, the Service Level Agreement is to complete 90% of applications within 4 weeks, last published figures they were in low 80s!

They can take months to come.

I think the concept is ridiculous. You can work for the same employer for years and years, and if you change one aspect of your job description you have to be checked again. Yet there are people who have been employed in the same role since before the CRB check was introduced who have never had one done.

Moronic, isn't it?

It can seem like that but your CRB is out of the date as soon as you get it therefore most employers prefer to be safe rather than sorry.

Archived