Easter Bunny, Baby Jesus and Redemption

The 'Thank Jesus for the Easter Holidays' thread seems to have been pulled.

Anyway, I was reflecting on Jesus's 'selfless' act of letting himself be killed to save mankind. He was only actually dead for a couple of days, then he came back like a sort of zombie jesus and went up to heaven to be part of the holy trinity. I don't get how that was such a huge sacrifice?

My point is, he was dead for a couple of days and many mere mortals have committed selfless, heroic acts that got them killed forever. They didn't get to come back and then ascend to heaven.

Anyway, I was reflecting on Jesus's 'selfless' act of letting himself be killed to save mankind. He was only actually dead for a couple of days, then he came back like a sort of zombie jesus and went up to heaven to be part of the holy trinity. I don't get how that was such a huge sacrifice?

My point is, he was dead for a couple of days and many mere mortals have committed selfless, heroic acts that got them killed forever. They didn't get to come back and then ascend to heaven.

Yes, my thread got pulled for some reason. It did appear to promote lots of interest, so I cannot understand why.

Congratulations on an equally interesting thread!:hihi:

Hopefully this thread will get pulled as well.

I hope I would let myself be tortured for a day and then killed if it was going to save my family or a whole town or even the whole of humanity, knowing that my life would be extinguished forever.

According to your book, he came back after a couple of days looking 'right as rain'.

You weren't really was you? You were reflecting on how to use Easter to start another stupid pointless Christian bashing thread.

I think it was Wakefield Trinity.

I hope I would let myself be tortured for a day and then killed if it was going to save my family or a whole town or even the whole of humanity, knowing that my life would be extinguished forever.

According to your book, he came back after a couple of days looking 'right as rain'.[/QUOTE]

ERM....he could have done with a haircut and shave though!:cool:

You weren't really was you? You were reflecting on how to use Easter to start another stupid pointless Christian bashing thread.[/QUOTE]

Religion needs people more than people need religion. People of different religions who are so convinced that theirs is the only true God cause problems.

Archived