Political Correctness

I've been very offended by the horrible jokes that Jordan's sweet little boy, Harvey has had levelled at him, lately. You (that's a generic "you", BTW) please yourself, and call his mother from here to the middle of next week:- she can defend herself from the onslaught. Harvey cannot. Harvey is just a child, and a child with autism, at that.

There is no need for such cruelty toward a child who cannot help having a disability. Poking fun at a child so severely disabled, is not at all funny, and really smacks of someone shoving sticks through a cage, to jab at an animal trapped within.

Very few people thought it appropriate to have a dig at David Cameron's beautiful little boy, Ivan, when he sadly died last year, (nor was it at all appropriate.)

The difference between the two is that Jordan parades her child in front of whichever journalist is lining her pocket on that given day, whereas the Camerons didn't hide their child away but they certainly didn't hawk him about Heat/Sky1/Take a Break.

If someone's in the public eye then they'll have jokes made at their expense regardless of their level of disability/problem/affliction, Just ask when you hear the next joke which offends, "Who put him there?". You can't change human nature.

as i said

you (that's a generic "you", btw) please yourself, and call his mother from here to the middle of next week:- she can defend herself from the onslaught

harvey cannot. Harvey is just a child, and a child with autism, at that.

so that means you as well then being as a generic you

The difference between the two is that Jordan parades her child in front of whichever journalist is lining her pocket on that given day, whereas the Camerons didn't hide their child away but they certainly didn't hawk him about Heat/Sky1/Take a Break.

If someone's in the public eye then they'll have jokes made at their expense regardless of their level of disability/problem/affliction, Just ask when you hear the next joke which offends, "Who put him there?". You can't change human nature.

But that's sill Jordan / Katie Price, not the boy. They share DNA not a life.

By all means anyone can take the rip out of her (god knows she attracts it) but leave the lad alone. Maybe some folk should grow up?

Would you find an autistic child making jokes about his/her autism funny?

It depends on the context. I could understand it being a coping mechanism for the child, and there may even be some humour in it, but I don't think funny would be the right word.

Why do you ask?

It depends on the context. I could understand it being a coping mechanism for the child, and there may even be some humour in it, but I don't think funny would be the right word.

Why do you ask?

Because I know someone who does just that. Not only takes the mick out of his problems but out of everything.

Natural comedian, and yeah I've also joined in and given him some soundbites to use.

The problem with him being autistic is that he don't see the political correctness in it, he just see's funny as funny, regardless.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Maybe. When i use funny I think of laughing out loud or something where the humour is unambiguous or non-complex.

In the situation Digsy describes, I would think funny the wrong word to use because the situation and response to it would be more complex.

Maybe. When i use funny I think of laughing out loud or something where the humour is unambiguous or non-complex.

In the situation Digsy describes, I would think funny the wrong word to use because the situation and response to it would be more complex.

Ok swap funny for humorous.

I think you understand what I mean though.

At what point do you draw the line at political correctness.

When do you say this is acceptable and that is not.

Archived