Political Correctness

Are there some things you are quite P.C. about, or are you against it all?

PC and HR is ruining this country, just let people get on with their work and life.

If it was left to HR nothing would have happened over the last 200 years, because of Health and safety.

PC well that is an excuse, so we dont offend the people that come to the UK to live.

Easter and Christmas is a tradition in the UK those that feel offended should go home.

PC and HR is ruining this country, just let people get on with their work and life.

If it was left to HR nothing would have happened over the last 200 years, because of Health and safety.

PC well that is an excuse, so we dont offend the people that come to the UK to live.

Easter and Christmas is a tradition in the UK those that feel offended should go home.

I can't say that HR, Health & Safety or PC have every stopped me from doing or achieving anything

Apart from the militant atheists on here, I'venever met anyone who is offended by Easter or Christmas

You really haven't got it have you? :rolleyes:

john x

There are certain words I won't use like 'nitty-gritty'. I substitute 'man....' with person where possible. Otherwise I don't mind offending people about their choices in life.

That must be quite an obstacle when you want to buy a Nitty Gritty Dirt Band CD :hihi:

Mod note

Might I be so bold as to ask users not to use masked swearing, or deliberately offensive or inflammatory words and phrases? Even if it is to make a point. This is an interesting topic, and one which usually stimulates good debate, but please err on the side of caution before clicking on 'submit'?

Obviously by the topic's very nature some terms will crop up, but please don't use them in the way that some have.

Thanks everyone.

Two of my pet hates...

They are Christmas lights, not winter festival lights. Although I am an atheist, they are still Christmas lights.

Coffee with or without milk? What's wrong with asking someone if they want their coffee white or black? It isn't offensive, it's pc gone mad! :rant:

(Incidentally, if anyone thinks that referring to coffee in a cup by it's colour is offensive, do those same people object to receiving a bank statement that is in the black?).

PC has its place. A previous poster referred to her acquaintance who didn't

want to be referred to as a disabled person. Quite right too! I recently challenged a council report which referred to 'disabled children'. They are not. They are children with disabilities. Ditto 'problem families'. They are not. They are families with problems.

Archived