Political Correctness

Erm, I had the police at my house during the last world cup asking me to make my flags less obvious as some in my neighbourhood were finding them offensive!

You weren't flying the swastika again were you?

You weren't flying the swatsika again were you?

Don't want to dissapoint you fishy but its was just your commoner england flag along with an irish one too. The england one i was told to move and treated like the swatsika, the irish one was fine :suspect:

Erm, I had the police at my house during the last world cup asking me to make my flags less obvious as some in my neighbourhood were finding them offensive!

The solution is to put up a flagpole in your garden, raise our national flag and scoff at them as you celebrate our glorious quarter final defeat!

PS, you won't even need planning permission for it and if a silly policeman suggest that your legal flagpole is likely to cause a breach of the peace tell them to go and sort it out rather than ask you to make their life easy. :thumbsup:

The solution is to put up a flagpole in your garden, raise our national flag and scoff at them as you celebrate our glorious quarter final defeat!

PS, you won't even need planning permission for it and if a silly policeman suggest that your legal flagpole is likely to cause a breach of the peace tell them to go and sort it out rather than ask you to make their life easy. :thumbsup:

I'd have hated to cause friction in our {close knit } neighbourhood ;)

Don't want to dissapoint you fishy but its was just your commoner england flag along with an irish one too. The england one i was told to move and treated like the swatsika, the irish one was fine :suspect:

On what grounds did they ask you to remove it?

as i have already stated, they had had complaints that it was being used in a racist manner.

Well given that there were literally millions of England flags all over the country and no-one had any trouble with them then there must have been more to it than you're letting on.

The police would not even waste their time on something like, that unless there was more too it. :(

They also have no lawful power to ask you to remove anything unless they can demonstrate that there is an immediate risk of a breach of the peace.

John X

Well given that there were literally millions of England flags all over the country and no-one had any trouble with them then there must have been more to it than you're letting on.

The police would not even waste their time on something like, that unless there was more too it. :(

They also have no lawful power to ask you to remove anything unless they can demonstrate that there is an immediate risk of a breach of the peace.

John X

I am quite aware of what the police can and cannot do, I am also aware that millions of people prolly did have a flag up without any problems but tha does not take away the fact that i was asked to " reconsider" where i placed mine!

but tha does not take away the fact that i was asked to " reconsider" where i placed mine!

I'm not denying that they did.

Just that a request to 'reconsider' where you placed them, is quite unusual given the huge number of flags around at the time, so like I said, there must be more to it than that. :confused:

Was anyone else in the street asked the same thing?

John X

Archived