Political Correctness

I'm not denying that they did.

Just that a request to 'reconsider' where you placed them, is quite unusual given the huge number of flags around at the time, so like I said, there must be more to it than that. :confused:

Was anyone else in the street asked the same thing?

John X

quite a few as it happens, it makes it all the more sickening

If you can remember that summer when the world cup was on was really hot, i was hosting a BBQ/party for the match.

My family are of irish desent as well as english so there was a mixed bunch of people there and a lot of irish/english flags being waved and flown about... A friendly banter was going about english/irish teams and the next thing we knew was a knock at the door from the local bobbys saying that one of our neighbours thought the debate was racially provocative and the flying of flags was causing some offense... is as simple as that!

Hmm, from your description I'm still not sure what grounds there were for anything apart from a complaint to the Chief Constable. There must be more to it norks.

I am not allowed to say on here but if you PM me then i am happy to set you straight.

Who's not allowing you to say? You can say pretty much anything you like on SF as long as it isn't gratuitously offensive.

There wasn't a punch up on the front lawn between Martin McGuinness and David Blunkett was there? You could understand why those two wouldn't see eye to eye.

Who's not allowing you to say? You can say pretty much anything you like on SF as long as it isn't gratuitously offensive.

If i put it up it will only be deleted for legal reasons or whatever else they spout. like i said i am happy to disscuss it with you privately other than that you are just goin to have to take my word for it!

You will find that it only takes one person to say " I find that racially offensive to me " and under current legislation it becomes a fact , there is no test of fairness involved so Yes the police will have been obliged to act no matter how unfair or unreasonable it may seem

If i put it up it will only be deleted for legal reasons or whatever else they spout. like i said i am happy to disscuss it with you privately other than that you are just goin to have to take my word for it!

I don't buy this; I think you're inventing a reason that doesn't really exist - who are 'they'?

Archived