Anyone remember "Pond Street Nora"

• 9 months later...
Thats right "Pond Street Nora" a lady vagrant who frequented Pond Street bus station in the early 70s. She would spend her time shouting and gesticulating at passes-bye. quite a formidable site.

:loopy:

I REMEMBER HER FROM ABOUT 1964. SHE WOULD DRY HER UNDERWARE ON THE RADIATOR IN THE LADIES RESTROOM, AND SHOUT AT ANYONE PASSING BY. SHE HAD THE LONGEST STRIDE I EVER SAW ON A WOMAN!

I LIVED ON CHARLOTTE ROAD, NOT FAR FROM POND STREET. I ATTENDED LOWFIELD SCHOOL AND THEN ON TO NEWFIELD GIRL SCHOOL. LIVED ABOUT 2 DOORS FROM NAYLORS FRUIT SHOP ON SHOREHAM STREET, LIVE IN TEXAS NOW.

• 4 years later...

The last time I saw Nora would have been in the early eighties. I had not seen her for years and got the shock of my life when I called at a shop on Langsett Road for a newspaper very early one dark winter's morning en route to Manchester. She was sat very still on a sack of spuds near the door. I didn't see her at first and nearly walked into her!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes big brown coat big boots scarf on her head she used to Cary loads of bags, across from the old pond street bus stop there was a garage it used to be the only all night petrol station in sheffield, at one time she had a place under there some ware, scary old lady, she would walk about swearing and looking up to the sky, think she was a bit of a mental ill person she was around till about 1979 1980 time that's the last time I can remember seeing her about.

Ya big brown coat big boots scarf on her head she used to Cary loads of bags across from the old pond street bus stop there was a garage it used to be the only all night petrol station in sheffield at one time she had a place under there some ware scary old bat she would walk about swearing and looking up to the sky think she was a bit of a nutter she was around till about 1979 1980 time that's the last time I can remember seeing her about

Painful to read on two counts, lack of punctuation and a callous lack of sympathy for mental illness!

Archived