Anyone remember "Pond Street Nora"

she used to scare me silly

linda Swallow

Me an all Linda. I used to go to Sheffield boozing in the early 70's, The Buccaneer at Barkers Pool mostly, and remember Nora hollering and haranguing people. We had some eccentrics in Rotherham but i don't think any matched Nora's noteriety.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone remember BIG BILLY i think he worked for a coal merchant down the Cliff he would walk miles and miles all over Sheff with a Jack Russell dog on a length of rope that was nearly as thick as the dogs body and he would walk chewing on the back of his hand not knowing any better kids used to take the micky out of him where ever he went this would be in the 60s early 70s.

I seem to remember an extensive thread about this on the forum a couple of years ago. A lady who was Nora's daughter contibuted to the thread.

There have been quite a few characters over the years .... anybody remember Basher who used to live on Lowedges.

Archived