Yorkshire relish

Tooeg

As a kid in the fifties I think we had a bottle of Yorkshire Relish. Was this Hendersons or is it simply a figment of my imagination.

I used to work for a food wholesaler in Darnall in the 80s and remember that they used to sell bottles of Yorkshire Relish made by a company called Hammonds. It was in simillar shape bottle to HP sauce and had a blue/grey label. havent seen it for years now though.

I remember over the years coming across two other Yorkshire relishes in very similar bottles to Hendos complete withthe dark red labels.

One was made in York and the other was made in Rotherham.

I cannot for the life of me remember their manufacturer's names but they were very similar to Hendo's in every way.

Happy Days! PopT

I remember over the years coming across two other Yorkshire relishes in very similar bottles to Hendos complete withthe dark red labels.

One was made in York and the other was made in Rotherham.

I cannot for the life of me remember their manufacturer's names but they were very similar to Hendo's in every way.

Happy Days! PopT[/

Thats the one I remember, with a red label. Which is why I thought I might be linked to Hendersons Thanks Pop

I seem to remember an alternative Yorkshire Relish made by Goodall and Backhouse.

Wasn't the one by Hammonds, a thick sauce like HP but called Yorkshire Relish?

Is it possible to buy Henderson's by post? We get through about half a dozen bottles a year and the 200 mile round trip is a long and expensive run to buy it - at 25 miles per gallon.

Mike

I seem to remember an alternative Yorkshire Relish made by Goodall and Backhouse.

Wasn't the one by Hammonds, a thick sauce like HP but called Yorkshire Relish?

Is it possible to buy Henderson's by post? We get through about half a dozen bottles a year and the 200 mile round trip is a long and expensive run to buy it - at 25 miles per gallon.

Mike

When I worked at the food wholesalers,Hendersons used to do a 5ltr catering bottle. If they still do that,it could be very cost effective.

Archived