Yorkshire relish

Tooeg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hendreson Relish was and is a fantastic product the factory is still there still selling as of 4 months ago we used to order when I managed MacMarkets on pinstone street we still buy it my sister sends me some.

Did anyone remember Cunningham Pickles they had a place on Queens Rd they are still around not sure their factory is now. Mr Freddie Fowler was the family boss. again my sister gets us the piccalili best around/

it baffles me whys it twice as expensive from their own site than 3rd party sites....or even shops??

in whitby the other day we saw a jewellery shop with a bottle of hendies in the window with a silver top, think it was showing they can make nice silver tops for all your relish etc bottles ........looked odd tho think i prefer the normal black ones :P

Henderson's used to be on Leavygreave road off the end of West street.

Also my mate's aunt used to work at Cunnighams in the 50's / 60's. She used to come home smelling like a pickled onion

Did anyone remember Cunningham Pickles they had a place on Queens Rd they are still around not sure their factory is now. Mr Freddie Fowler was the family boss. again my sister gets us the piccalili best around/
Since Cunningham's was bought out the piccalilli is vile, all mushy and no bits in. The nearest I've found to proper pickled lillies is the Co-Op one, delish and full of nice chunky pieces of veg.

I think there was an app in to convert the factory into flats or something. Not sure what's happened to it recently, but they took the sign down ages ago :(

Archived