Yorkshire relish

Tooeg

Since Cunningham's was bought out the piccalilli is vile, all mushy and no bits in. The nearest I've found to proper pickled lillies is the Co-Op one, delish and full of nice chunky pieces of veg.

I think there was an app in to convert the factory into flats or something. Not sure what's happened to it recently, but they took the sign down ages ago :(

URGH!!! i hate piccalilli no matter makes it or when its made, foul stuff, bringing up chunky bits just thinking about the evil stuff

I seem to remember an alternative Yorkshire Relish made by Goodall and Backhouse.

Wasn't the one by Hammonds, a thick sauce like HP but called Yorkshire Relish?

Is it possible to buy Henderson's by post? We get through about half a dozen bottles a year and the 200 mile round trip is a long and expensive run to buy it - at 25 miles per gallon.

Mike

http://www.madeinsheffield.com/view_item.asp?ProductID=1198

Fill your boots! Buy it by the litre!

Since Cunningham's was bought out the piccalilli is vile, all mushy and no bits in. The nearest I've found to proper pickled lillies is the Co-Op one, delish and full of nice chunky pieces of veg.

I think there was an app in to convert the factory into flats or something. Not sure what's happened to it recently, but they took the sign down ages ago :(

The nearest piccalilli I've found to Cunningham's is "Smyllies of Bakewell", shame I have to go to Bakewell to buy it (not).

At least it has proper pieces of cauli and full sized onions in it not like the supermarket junk.

• 10 months later...

ten years ago a man called john senior from leeds was pulling down the old hammonds sauce factory nr bradford when he found a box containing an amazing collection of documents connected to the goodall backhouse & co leeds , amongst these documents is the hand written recipe for yorkshire relish , any one interested in obtaining these documents can vist gary don auctioneers web site , the sale of the documents will be on the 24th of may 2011

the original hand written recipe for yorkshire relish has been found by demolition man john senior while pulling down the old hammonds sauce factory nr bradford , also found were up to 100 different documents relaitng to goodall backhouse & co leeds http//www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/videos

Archived