Ageing - does it get you down?

I remember being 18, I worked hard in the open air and I was solid muscle and had a tan and sun bleached blonde hair and quite frankly I WAS GORGEOUS!

That was back in 1979 and now, heading rapidly towards my 50th year I appear to be turning into a balding, toothless, bad tempered streak of gristle who has a doctor who is more interested in my rear end than any other part of me. That man is just DYING to stuff a finger up my bum!

I dont mind ageing, my OH is 16 years younger than me and never tires of calling me a miserable old trump but I dont mind that, I can be horrible and blame it on age.

I wear what I want now, I dont have to wear clothes that are in fashion and if I see a long coat and bizarre hat that I wouldnt have been seen dead in 20 years ago that I like then I`ll get them and wear them, safe in the knowledge that people who see me in those clothes simply think I`m on my merry way to senility.

The worst part about that is when you think that you can feel the ring on his finger, then he says '' I don't wear a ring, but I've just lost my watch ''.

Im dreading going home and telling the OH what happened....

`Ok he bent me over and put... his LEFT hand on my left shoulder and rammed his right index finger in... no, no wait.... He put his RIGHT hand on my right shoulder and rammed his LEFT index finger in and.... No, no wait... let me think... it happened so fast that I cant really remember... AH, yes,... He put his RIGHT hand on my right shoulder, his LEFT hand on my left shoulder and.... Ohhh the dirty bugger!`

I remember being 18, I worked hard in the open air and I was solid muscle and had a tan and sun bleached blonde hair and quite frankly I WAS GORGEOUS!

That was back in 1979 and now, heading rapidly towards my 50th year I appear to be turning into a balding, toothless, bad tempered streak of gristle who has a doctor who is more interested in my rear end than any other part of me. That man is just DYING to stuff a finger up my bum!

I dont mind ageing, my OH is 16 years younger than me and never tires of calling me a miserable old trump but I dont mind that, I can be horrible and blame it on age.

I wear what I want now, I dont have to wear clothes that are in fashion and if I see a long coat and bizarre hat that I wouldnt have been seen dead in 20 years ago that I like then I`ll get them and wear them, safe in the knowledge that people who see me in those clothes simply think I`m on my merry way to senility.

My bold

At least you won't have to put up with the ginger hair for much longer, then!!!:hihi:

Avoid wearing cloth caps and mufflers. Also give a wide berth to beige colored clothing and suede shoes. We all might be getting older but we dont have to wear the trad threads that are associated with it.

My wife still has a couple of mini skirts and a pair of platform shoes stored away somewhere. I'm trying to get her to wear them for her 59th next month

Avoid wearing cloth caps and mufflers. Also give a wide berth to beige colored clothing and suede shoes. We all might be getting older but we dont have to wear the trad threads that are associated with it.

My wife still has a couple of mini skirts and a pair of platform shoes stored away somewhere. I'm trying to get her to wear them for her 59th next month

Then you should be wearing hipster flares and a lurid shirt...

and we want photos .....:hihi:

I have always said im just happy to get to this age (im only 28) and ill be happy to get to every single birthday i have cos i know plenty of people who haven't!!

You're a very good typist for a two year old. I shall keep an eye on you as you grow up.....

Archived