Have you ever had tummy trouble the day after eating a takeaway?

I ask this question because I have! Many times!

A good friend of mine (a plumber) works on many takeaways and late night eateries in the city, and will never eat from one again. The standards of hygene are shocking, and the stories that he has told me are enough to make you throw up.

Many of these places proudly display their food hygene certificates at front of house, but don't be fooled. Once the inspectors have been round, they quickly revert to their profit over practise ways.

I am not on a mission to close these places down, and as such will not disclose any names. It is just that I have noticed a lot of threads asking for recommended takeaways, and some of them are on my mates list!

Best go straight home after your boozy night out, and make yourself a cheese toasty to deal with the munchies! Cheaper too. ;)

I ask this question because I have! Many times!

A good friend of mine (a plumber) works on many takeaways and late night eateries in the city, and will never eat from one again. The standards of hygene are shocking, and the stories that he has told me are enough to make you throw up.

Many of these places proudly display their food hygene certificates at front of house, but don't be fooled. Once the inspectors have been round, they quickly revert to their profit over practise ways.

I am not on a mission to close these places down, and as such will not disclose any names. It is just that I have noticed a lot of threads asking for recommended takeaways, and some of them are on my mates list!

Best go straight home after your boozy night out, and make yourself a cheese toasty to deal with the munchies! Cheaper too. ;)

What!!! and risk burning the house down

It's funny this topic coming up as I was only thinking about it a couple of days ago.

Having worked in a sandwich shop cooking bacon, eggs, tomatoes and such, we had visits from the Health and Hygiene inspectors. We had to wear hats - regardless of hair length; gloves for handling food; surfaces had to be wiped frequently with anti-bac; and every nook and cranny examined. Food for cold sandwiches had to be stored refridgerated at a certain temperature and had to be checked frequently. And the shop I worked in got a warning because the windows were dirty .... on the outside.

Now I have been to numerous chinese take aways; kebab shops; and pizza shops and notice that none of the stringent requirements we were forced to take serving sandwiches were enforced in any of these take aways. It seems there is one rule for English shops and another for non-english.

Anyhow - on topic - I love kebab and even though eating it generally results in a lengthy visit to the ceramic garden, complete with pebbledashing and obnoxious gaseous emanations rated at 10 decibels, I still cannot stop eating the damned stuff.

What do people think about food being made for them? as in baked beans, prepacked meals, bread.

We dont know who makes them and what they chuck in :S

Time to start cooking from fresh i think!

I had a calzone on Wednesday evening from Padrino's on Fulwood Rd. Thursday afternoon felt abit off. Thursday night - belly ache, Friday morning between 1 & 3am several trips to the loo - really bad :gag:

Will not be going there again!

Archived