Have you ever had tummy trouble the day after eating a takeaway?

'An Engineer told me before he died ... and I've no reason to think he lied.'

Apocryphal story, but:

On 13 July 2005 on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Johnny Depp reported that: "A study done on Bar peanuts revealed the presence of 27 different types of urine."

Yeah! I recall hearing this too! Way before 2005 though. It was to do with people going to the can (;)) and not washing their hands afterwards. They then go and stick their hands in the peanut bowl and give everyone else a piece of the action! :gag::thumbsup:

I agree, some takeaways are disgusting places. You never know whats been going off behind the scenes. :gag:

Environmental health do turn up at anytime, unannounced once a year. Therefore if they kept a clean kitchen all of the time and adhere to good safe food practice, they'd face no problems at all.

I had the EH turn up last week (and got 4 stars:D) and they said that they are shutting higher volumes of premises down lately than normal:o:gag:

That is a major worry:(

That is a major worry for businesses that don't keep their house in order, but is good news for the consumer!:)

You got 4 stars, well done! keep up the good work and you will have no worries (neither will your paying customers). :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Latest!

My friend has been telling me about a Chinese takeaway that he has been working on over the weekend.

The sticky spare rib sauce was left out in the yard over two days (and nights), as the weather was nice. The chef kept going outside to top it up with water everytime it looked like it was drying out!!!! :gag:

1 slow cooker, 1kg goat, thyme, onions, scotch bonnet pepper, curry powder, garlic and ginger. 5 hours cooking whilst out on the lash then come home to a proper curry. easy tiger..;)

Nice. Where can I get a 1kg goat? Do you skin it and gut it before cooking?

I came out in the most appalling rash after cheesy garlic bread from pizza pan and grills the other week. Not food poisoning but an allergic reaction to the new dough they use :(

God it itched.

Archived