South African far right leader Eugene Terreblanche killed

You're making the mistake of associating the people who wont shed tears over the demise of Terreblanche with those who denounce a society that can endorse assaults against convicted prisoners-they aren't necessarily the same people.

You could also ask why the people who celebrated the assault on Huntley aren't doing the same where Terreblance was concerned, they both had an equally corrosive effect on society.

Extending your logic would suggest you cant take what right wing mouth foamers put on here at face value, sooner or later they reveal their hypocrisy.

I don't really know who this man was.Although I did was the L T programme a few years ago .

Seen as you have compared this man to Huntley can you explain how many little girls he has tortured raped and murdered?:loopy:

I agree. Whilst in no way feeling sad about the horrible death this extremely nasty man suffered, isn't it more likely that he was murdered purely because he was a white farmer, rather than a white supremacist?

Given the fact that many perfectly ordinary people have been murdered in various countries in Africa for the 'crime' of being a successful farmer, who happens to be white, I'd not be looking surprised if this was the case here as well.

A serious query, here...

wouldn't that be a bit like saying the attack on Huntley, the other week, was more likely to have been because he was a prisoner of Her Majesty, rather than him being a "sicko" who murdered two little girls?

Either he's incredibly lazy about his security arrangements or this was a hit by the ANC.

The guy is understandably not popular on SF, immagaine how unpopular he is among blacks in SA. So to to be sleeping unguarded, alone and in an unsecured premises does not sound hugely likely to me.

There's a lot more to this the meets the eye, for a start when was the last time farm murderers in SA ever rang the police and waited around to be arrested? Never happens.

Not a nice chap, but if the ANC have taken to whacking political opponents then i'm far more concerned about them that this guy.

SF never ceases to amaze me. 8 pages of debate over the death of a racist, wife-beating, servant-beating nazi-sympathiser? Are you kidding me?

Bad guy dead = good thing

And as for people crying over the way he died... sometimes you have to do a little evil to do a lot of good.

I know. All these cultural relativists and liberals make me laugh. "Hmmm, he was a proper ----er, but should I be glad he's dead?" Of course you should, stop fannying about!

Bad guy dead = good thing And as for people crying over the way he died... sometimes you have to do a little evil to do a lot of good.
You can't say something like that on SF! What are you thinking! Bad guy must be left alive to suffer the pangs of bad conscience. By uttering the thought that being illegally battered to death was a good thing you are just bringing yourself down to his level. tsk!

I don't really know who this man was.Although I did was the L T programme a few years ago .

Seen as you have compared this man to Huntley can you explain how many little girls he has tortured raped and murdered?:loopy:

I didn't compare this man to Huntley, I was responding to others who had, prior to my contribution.

In any event all I said was both individuals had a corrosive effect on society, it tends to be a feature of paedophiles and race supremacists, whatever colour they are.

Terreblanche is dead. good. cross one nasty racist off the list.

Abu Hamza next anyone?

or Nick Griffin....

or Robert Mugabe.....

Jean-Marie Le Pen....

racism goes in a lot of directions, for my money we should be celebrating the demise of ANYONE who cannot embrace the idea that we're all HUMAN, and therefore, the same.

:clap: :thumbsup ::nod:

So well said, and perfectly-put 'Singer. *applauds*

So the people in the list should be the next to be beaten to death, and we should celebrate it, should it happen? Can't say I'd be bothered if they disappeared off the planet, but I thought you were against mob justice and the death penalty PT? Should we make exceptions for people whose crimes are racially motivated, or for people that kill in greater numbers rather than just a couple? How do you decide where the line is at which their crimes are serious enough to deserve what Terrblanche got?

I didn't compare this man to Huntley, I was responding to others who had, prior to my contribution.

In any event all I said was both individuals had a corrosive effect on society, it tends to be a feature of paedophiles and race supremacists, whatever colour they are.

That'll be my fault. BF was replying to one of my posts. It wasn't a direct comparison of Terreblanche and Huntley, but a comparison of the responses by various forummers to the attacks on both.

That'll be my fault. BF was replying to one of my posts. It wasn't a direct comparison of Terreblanche and Huntley, but a comparison of the responses by various forummers to the attacks on both.

Cheers scuba. Without wishing to derail the thread, I was one of those that wouldn't endorse the lynch mob mentality of the people who attacked Huntley, however I didn't shed any tears over what happened either.

Ive a similar view about Terreblanche, I completely condemn the manner of his death, but am not unhappy that he's dead.

So the people in the list should be the next to be beaten to death, and we should celebrate it, should it happen? Can't say I'd be bothered if they disappeared off the planet, but I thought you were against mob justice and the death penalty PT? Should we make exceptions for people whose crimes are racially motivated, or for people that kill in greater numbers rather than just a couple? How do you decide where the line is at which their crimes are serious enough to deserve what Terrblanche got?

no, you are twisting my words. See what Koenig singer said, and Boyfriday's responses, above. Sentiments which I echo.

It's one less despot to worry about. As you, yourself said, "I'm not bothered if they disappear off the planet". I'm not going to shed a tear at their passing, either, which I hardly see as condoning mob justice.

Archived