Cafe at Forge dam

paulsyk

wot bus take you ther now any ??

Number 40 (First) takes you into Fulwood village. Get off at the bottom of Crimicar Lane and walk down the road opposite (Whiteley Lane I think). At the right hand bend there's a small lane (Ivy Cottage Lane) which brings you to Forge Dam.

But with kiddies ride thing with extremely annoying tune!

They always had an anoying kidies ride even in the 70s, but outside rather than in.

I also remember them having slot machines on a fence at the bottom of the ramp to the dam, probaly late 60,s. They were the old ones where you flicked a ball and won if you could get it down certain holes. I seem to remember winning a pack of fruit Polos, I think you could also win a single cigarette.

I think a lot of people in Fulwood think it is a charming olde worlde cafe .

Personally I think it is crap. You come out smelling like youve been deep fried.

Its been more or less the same since the 70's yes, a few licks of paint but the layout has never changed at all. Bit expensive for food but 75 pence for a cup of tea is fairly good value. I there a lot in the Summer walking the dog, and sneaking a go on the swings in the playground too, I will never grow up!!!!

Archived