Are you having an Easter Egg Hunt?

Well .. we have our two daughters aged 18 and 22 here with their boyfriends for lunch.

I simply can't wait. I love having their friends around me ... Have bought 20 little chickens and am hiding them around the house and garden .. and have made Toby and Conor (boyfriends) a little personalised card saying thank you for their joining us.

To me, like Christmas, Easter is about family time .. in saying that, I guess every god teaches that family is special...

What are you all up to?

When OH gets home later today, he will find a trail of cryptic rhyming clues leading all round the house and garden. Each clue will lead to the whereabouts of a luscious chocolate bar, culminating in a special prize at the end.

Here's the first of last year's clues :

A Happy Easter I wish you

With festive eggs new-hatched

Here’s the key to how we play :

But there are strings attached

Where was the first egg? Inside my guitar

Nice one Rosy ..

Heh ... I love all this ... I'm just a big kid ... can't wait to see their faces when they come down as I've decorated the living room with chickens and rabbits ...

Yes we did. The kids found a chocolate rabbit outside their bedroom with the first clue that led to chocolate treasure all round the house. Went a bit mad as usual and as it was also their birthday party yesterday the house is groaning with chocolate, crisps and cake :D

Archived