Top Tory wants to deny Gay couples access to B and B’s

I didn't say it was. Many holiday companies won't book a single room to 2 males because they want to avoid drunken slobs on stag trips.

Quite simple, perfectly legal and not anti gay.

That would involve turning down bookings for large groups of men, not just two.

I didn't say it was. Many holiday companies won't book a single room to 2 males because they want to avoid drunken slobs on stag trips.

Quite simple, perfectly legal and not anti gay.

Iv'e worked all over the country digging out in hotels, pubs and B&Bs and iv'e never been refused a double room, iv'e shared a double bed with one of the lads before now.

Maybe we could all learn from that comment, yourself included.

It is, if it's simply because it's two men and a double bed. It practically screams homophobia that you've felt the need to include the double bed as a salient point.

Indeed, but that isn't what's being discussed, it's turning away same sex couples because they are same sex couples.

Ermm, right, it doesn't take much looking in this case to determine that it was discrimination since the B&B owners said why they were turning the couple away.

Maybe you need to look elsewhere in your life quest to out the loony left as searching for discrimination when it doesn't exit.

I mention double bed because the case under discussion involved a room with a double bed. It simply screams stupidity that you overlooked that. I also made no comments that in the case of the B&B owner in question they were anyway in the right.

My other points were quite clearly stated to be cases where owners have to right to turn away guests. Perhaps someone who makes as many postings as you should attempt to read a little more and post a little less. Quantity is no substitute for quality. Indeed you recent postings on this thread have contributed nothing.

Have you ever thought about thinking before posting
Have you ever thought about keeping your mouth shut instead of asking such crass questions?

Most people booking a B&B would be required to give names at the time of booking. It isn't unreasonable to refuse a room with a double bed to 2 males and is something that is quite common with holiday bookings.

I've never been asked for my girlfriend's name when making a hotel or B&B booking ever.

But to get back to your point about being turned away at the point of entry. Again it isn't unreasonable. If you get riff-raff turning up at your door you are perfectly entitled to turn them away. It is rather like the dress code at a night club. They pick and choose who they allow in.

Riff-raff? The discussion is about people being refused entry because they're gay-and that reason being given.

Obviously in this day of political correct mafia looking for any reason to cause a dispute, owners of any establishment will need to be careful about the reason for turning someone away. But they have that right, so providing they are sensible you will have to look elsewhere in your life quest to find discrimination.

You obviously don't know the definition of discrimination if you believe people can be refused a service purely because of who they are rather than how they behave and that not being discrimination.

That would involve turning down bookings for large groups of men, not just two.

Why? Folks are quite capable of booking rooms in the same hotel or even the hotel up the road. It is only necessary to be in the same town for a stag party, not live at the same address.

..that outcome is because holiday companies experience of stag groups, not the sexuality of the individuals who are members of them.

Iv'e worked all over the country digging out in hotels, pubs and B&Bs and iv'e never been refused a double room, iv'e shared a double bed with one of the lads before now.

I suppose it all boils down to the type of places you choose to stay in.

I found it rather strange that people on here who go out of their way to defend the muslim religion can be so hypocritical as to defend a practice that muslims find abborhent

But if this discrimination is wrong, it is wrong no matter what the religion of those that are doing the discriminating.

Archived