Top Tory wants to deny Gay couples access to B and B’s

someone posted on another thread that she tells the hotel that she is in a same sex relationship when she books, is that unreasonable? I think its fairly sensible.

..do you reveal your private business to merchants you come into contact with just on the off chance they might have some mediaeval views that dont conform to your own?

There's nothing exceptional about being gay, so they shouldn't be required to behave in an extraordinary way to accommodate the sensitivities of people who dont like them.

I was only asking and since the person who's view that is IS in a same sex relationship i thought it may have been relevant.

No i don't reveal my private business to everyone but when i was a goth (yeah not so gothic anymore) since you have already touched on that, i had speculation over my private business on this board, in shops, in school, everywhere. So I DO know how it is to be singled out/discriminated against just so you know and i am entitled to an opinion (in your previous post) whether i have experience or not.

But if this discrimination is wrong, it is wrong no matter what the religion of those that are doing the discriminating.

But is it the discrimination thats wrong or the homosexuality ,these are a christian couple who are obviously,due to their religion ,anti homosexuality,surely thats their decision,for some strange reason the powers that be have declared that homosexuality is now legal,I wonder what a census on that decision would result in...I wonder if we would have all this hoo hah if the owners of the B&B were of the muslim faith somehow ,judging by posts on here, I doubt it

I suppose it all boils down to the type of places you choose to stay in.

I think this is a good point. I have shared a room with a double bed with a man while I was on tour. It was a five star hotel in Windsor. I think it is the cheap little B&Bs that you have to watch out for.

I found it rather strange that people on here who go out of their way to defend the muslim religion can be so hypocritical as to defend a practice that muslims find abborhent

I find it strange that some people on here go out of their way....

You dont have to be a Muslim/Jew/Christian/homosexual to defend the rights of people who are, it's not a particularly remarkable standpoint.

Tbh, I think a lot of the arguments being put forward in favour of Grayling and the rights of religious B&B owners, are probably reminscent of around the time when racial discrimination started to fade into history, though I can't comment first hand as that would have been before my time. I've no idea how old you are Boyfriday, perhaps you could pass comment on this?

I found it rather strange that people on here who go out of their way to defend the muslim religion can be so hypocritical as to defend a practice that muslims find abborhent
That's like saying; supporters of the NSPCC have misguided loyalties because kids are always being cruel to one another.

Archived