Top Tory wants to deny Gay couples access to B and B’s

..do you reveal your private business to merchants you come into contact with just on the off chance they might have some mediaeval views that dont conform to your own?

Precisely, will heterosexuals have to start explaining things like, "well we're not gay, but we still engage in a bit of buggery" or "my husbands a masochist and could we request an extra trouser press"?

I was only asking and since the person who's view that is IS in a same sex relationship i thought it may have been relevant.

No i don't reveal my private business to everyone but when i was a goth (yeah not so gothic anymore) since you have already touched on that, i had speculation over my private business on this board, in shops, in school, everywhere. So I DO know how it is to be singled out/discriminated against just so you know and i am entitled to an opinion (in your previous post) whether i have experience or not.

Forgive me, there's no need to be so defensive, I never suggested you weren't entitled to your opinion, but you were already aware that it was a sensational one when you predicted you would be shot down for making it.

I alluded to the fact that as a Goth you may have experienced discrimination and as I said if you had arrived late at night for pre booked accommodation to be told you'd have to sleep in your car because they didnt allow Goths, you wouldn't be happy.

The fact is whether you're a Goth/black/white or homosexual there should be no requirement to shallow breath to accommodate the shortcomings of others-thats my only point.

Precisely, will heterosexuals have to start explaining things like, "well we're not gay, but we still engage in a bit of buggery" or "my husbands a masochist and could we request an extra trouser press"?

what i posted was posted on another thread by my boyfriend's friend, who just so happens to be in a same sex relationship.

Forgive me, there's no need to be so defensive, I never suggested you weren't entitled to your opinion, but you were already aware that it was a sensational one when you predicted you would be shot down for making it.

I alluded to the fact that as a Goth you may have experienced discrimination and as I said if you had arrived late at night for pre booked accommodation to be told you'd have to sleep in your car because they didnt allow Goths, you wouldn't be happy.

The fact is whether you're a Goth/black/white or homosexual there should be no requirement to shallow breath to accommodate the shortcomings of others-thats my only point.

i assume ill be shot down for making any point on this forum actually.

And i wasn't actually being defensive.

boyfriday - you earlier said people who haven't experienced it have no opinion

No I didn't actually. This is what I said.

I also think it's fatuous for people who have not been discriminated against in this way to offer advice about how others should respond to it.

You're perfectly entitled to offer your opinion and others are perfectly entitled to draw a conclusion from it.

I can imagine, that if you'd travelled all day and arrived late at night at a guest house that you'd pre booked and paid for, to be told "sorry we dont allow Goths here", despite their charms, you'd not be happy about it.

Incidentally, would you be happy if the above scenario had ever applied to you?

i assume ill be shot down for making any point on this forum actually.
If you have a strong view about it and are not prepared to be shot down then dont offer it, you and others have challenged my contributions to this thread, but it's really not a problem, it's the nature of the discussion :)

If you have a strong view about it and are not prepared to be shot down then dont offer it, you and others have challenged my contributions to this thread, but it's really not a problem, it's the nature of the discussion :)

i am prepared for it.. i pointed that out :)

Archived