Boys from The Blackstuff

If anybody is thinking of voting Tory in a few weeks I suggest they get hold of the DVD "Boys from the Blackstuff" just to remind themselves how grim life in the UK was for working class people under a Tory Government. If we wake up on the 7th of May and Cameron and his Tory Public Schoolboy Toffs have taken over then it will be a complete disaster for working class people in the UK. Labour ain't brillant, I know that but they are more for working people than the Tories and always have been.

Very true what you say me old. I was only a young un when that was shown but it sticks in your memory dont it? Well worth getting on dvd,as is Auf Wiedersien,pet. Both excellent to watch,if sadly for all the wrong reasons.

I agree OP, I think thing's were even worse here in Sheffield. I remember how awful it was with no hope for school leavers or anyone. Cuts here, cuts there

It was awful to see Sheffield's decline from playing a major part of the economy to a bit-part player.

There was another programme out around that time too called Johnny Jarvis which was about a depressed council estate in London, but was a bit more political than BFTB.:thumbsup:

It's been thirty years. Why are you still blaming the doctor because the medicine was painful, instead of blaming the successive woefully-bad governments that made us so ill in the first place?

Do you not have eye's in your head?

I lived through those times and it was horrible- and I bet a few others on this forum lived through them too.

Sadly theres no one worth voting for today, I despise the tories and Ive learned to despise Labour....As for the alternatives... theres sod all out there.

Archived