Great Barrier Reef oil disaster fear from stricken ship

No but the barrier reef does not go ALL the way around Australia does it. The ship would be set on a route to avoid all obstacles and go into Australia without causing distruction. The fact is this ship was WAAAAAY off its shipping route.

It's only the largest island. It is a small continent however. The Barrier Reef barely touches the size of australia but is larger than the entire U.K. pfft... Go around it.

Anyhow, don't worry too much about it Fallen. What with pollution, tourism and the changes in global weather the Barrier reef is running out of life real quick. Even if humans stepped back mended all their ways and never went near the barrier reef again it will still continue to die. That ship has sailed.

It's only the largest island. It is a small continent however. The Barrier Reef barely touches the size of australia but is larger than the entire U.K. pfft... Go around it.

Anyhow, don't worry too much about it Fallen. What with pollution, tourism and the changes in global weather the Barrier reef is running out of life real quick. Even if humans stepped back mended all their ways and never went near the barrier reef again it will still continue to die. That ship has sailed.

Pay for the fuel, the operators' cost and the additional man hours (even sailors don't work for nothing) and I've no doubt you'll get your way.

You seem to have something to say and this forum is an ideal opportunity for you to express yourself. Furthermore, you may find that there are very many people here willing to listen to you (and to debate points with you ... don't expect a one-way street.)

It's up to you what you post here (If indeed you bother to do so.) You may encounter one or two marine biologists, zoologists and climatologists (along with 3 or 4 other 'ologists' ;).) Your well-informed and well-argued comments will no doubt be welcomed, but please don't rely on bullsh*t. - It doesn't impress many people.

I do look forward to reading your learned arguments.

chinese

accidental my bum.

I'd be very interested indeed to read the data/intelligence which prompted you to make that comment.

I don't have a great deal of experience in your area of expertise (and indeed, I only spent a few months on that desk after qualifying.)

I do look forward to reading your analyses.

Show me the bull.

The great barrier reef is bigger than britain.

It is dying and can't be fixed merely by stopping further damage.

Also, what is my way? I am objecting to going around it because of it's size.

Not sure what you are trying to express with your post.

Archived