David Icke - what's your opinion of him?

Exactly. Human beings have a natural predilection to go with the majority view when in doubt. And this ties in nicely with the indoctrination that Icke talks about in our schools, where kids are taught to conform and accept what they are spoon-fed by the establishment, rather than encouraged to question things and think for themselves.

That doesn't sound anything like the education my kids get/got at King Teds - they are encouraged to think critically for themselves. Part of this is evaluating reliability of sources of evidence.

Exactly. Human beings have a natural predilection to go with the majority view when in doubt. And this ties in nicely with the indoctrination that Icke talks about in our schools, where kids are taught to conform and accept what they are spoon-fed by the establishment, rather than encouraged to question things and think for themselves.

I think most of the people on this thread who have considered Icke and happen to have come to a conclusion that differs from yours and Danot's, show every sign of being able to think for themselves and question things. Believing conspiracy theories doesn't equate to being a free thinker. It can be just as unquestioning in its own way as the conventions it sets itself up against.

I think most of the people on this thread who have considered Icke and happen to have come to a conclusion that differs from yours and Danot's, show every sign of being able to think for themselves and question things. Believing conspiracy theories doesn't equate to being a free thinker. It can be just as unquestioning in its own way as the conventions it sets itself up against.
Tangentially, I'm rather interested in the 'healer' angle. If it's true, I wonder what they were given? And would it have any connection with the tribe mentioned that have legends about the snake/lizard people?

I think it's fairly obvious that David Icke had some sort of pyschosis at the time, although I still think he makes some cogent poiints on some of the things he lectures on. However, not sufficiently impressed to accept him as some sort of prescient guru and imbibe his 'conspiracy' theories.

It'd explain a lot if the 'illuminati' and their reptilian masters were a fact, but I don't believe they are. Fun too! Like living in an episode of 'V' :)

Good to see you posting again, purdyamos.

Those are **** ups rather than delibarately created problems- and if you think all the media sing from the same hymnsheet I think you're very much mistaken.

Icke - like all fruit cake - is best with a cup of tea.

**** ups??... so you're still putting it down to incompetence are you?.

A lot of the non-reptilian and non-we-are-just-droplets-of-energy-in-an-ocean-of-consciousness stuff he lectures on is just a more accessibly packaged version of what intellectuals such as Adorno, Hegel, Gramsci, Chomsky etc. have written about over the past centuries.

Also I think he cites Jordan Maxwell as a major influence as far as symbolism and the symbolic roots of religion.

Aren't people over analysing this? David Icke clearly had some form of breakdown and is a bit of a mentalist. If some tramp came up to you in the street ranting about alien lizards taking over the world, you wouldn't stop and listen you'd just cross the road and ignore him, so why should we take any notice of what Icke says?

**** ups??... so you're still putting it down to incompetence are you?.

Not as simple as that - for instance the banking crisis involved some people who would normally be thought of as very competent indeed. A lot of people were allowed to take huge risks with vast sums of money. Since deregulation in the 80's this has delivered huge growth for the economy of the world and so regulation became lax - and the system crashed - just as it did in the '20's. Nobody "decided" we needed a banking crisis to control the masses.

That doesn't sound anything like the education my kids get/got at King Teds - they are encouraged to think critically for themselves. Part of this is evaluating reliability of sources of evidence.
What evidence?.. What other source of information do they have access to that isn't governed by the establishment?.. what do they know beyond what they have read, what they've watched on tv, or what they've been told.. what is there to evaluate beyond this?.

There are far too many things happening in this world on a daily basis, terrible things that I personally can't even begin to comprehend why we are plauged by these problems in this day and age.

We never question it.. well, why should we, it happens every day, it's nothing out of the ordinary is it.

Danot, you speak in quite general terms and as such it is quite difficult to understand exactly what you allude to.

Can you give me some specifics about the "Problems" that you refer to.

and how do you think Icke is right about these things.

Aren't people over analysing this? David Icke clearly had some form of breakdown and is a bit of a mentalist. If some tramp came up to you in the street ranting about alien lizards taking over the world, you wouldn't stop and listen you'd just cross the road and ignore him, so why should we take any notice of what Icke says?
But why would you cross the road to ignore him?.. because he's talking nonesense?.. or because because that's what most people would do?

Archived