Celebrity endorsements - do they work?

there are several products i refuse to buy because of the celebrity association.

That's just cutting off your nose to spite your face, isn't it? Walkers are the best crisps, regardless of what you think of Lineker, and Gillette (and their subsidiary Wilkinson Sword) are the best razors, regardless of Woods, surely?

I've never been tempted for anything 'cos a celeb says so - however there are several products i refuse to buy because of the celebrity association.

I've certainly never even considered getting so much as a quote from Esure after those Michael Winner ads.

I also think Carol Vordaman lost a bit of good will and credibility after advertising that loan shark company. After coming across as a brainy woman she was then seen to sell out to a dodgy loan company who advertises between episodes of Jerry Springer, Maury whatsisname and Jeremy Kyle on daytime tv.

We'll also draw a veil over her performance as strident, screeching Tory Girrl on Question Time.

Oh no let's not! Her performance was most amusing!

She even manages to make that bumbling bufoon Boris look reasonable!

I did buy a Cadburys Milk Flake after I saw that girl sucking hers in that field of poppies. Just wondered if I was missing owt ?:roll:

But the Cadbury's Milk Flake didn't help 'poor' Anthea Turner. After her & her hubby waved it about on their wedding photos, her celebrity career went into decline. :)

That's just cutting off your nose to spite your face, isn't it? Walkers are the best crisps, regardless of what you think of Lineker, and Gillette (and their subsidiary Wilkinson Sword) are the best razors, regardless of Woods, surely?

But if the incidents or personality of Tiger Woods offended me, then i'd be tempted to buy an electric razor.

It's a no win scenraio really - i don't need their product and in the overall scale of things they don't need my money, they'll take it of everyone else.

But the Cadbury's Milk Flake didn't help 'poor' Anthea Turner. After her & her hubby waved it about on their wedding photos, her celebrity career went into decline. :)

Yes, but that was a" Snowflake ", which was white choccy inside. I need to have the proper one, to see if it will do for me what it did for the young woman in the field of poppies.:headbang:

I've never been tempted for anything 'cos a celeb says so - however there are several products i refuse to buy because of the celebrity association.

:hihi: Never thought of it like that before, but now you mention it, I have always tended to to ignore any brand that is celeb endorsed. These folk will lie through their teeth for a few more grand in their already fat bank accounts. :hihi::thumbsup:.

Archived