Owlerton Green Garage

I am an editor for a community magazine in Cornwall. We recently featured the history of our local garage and found that at one time (1957-1973) it was known as Owlerton Green Garage (yes, here in north Cornwall). It would appear that the garage was owned at that time by a Mr C A Bills, motor mechanic of Sheffield. Looks as if there might be a link with Owlerton Green Garage in Sheffield. Can anyone throw any light on it?

I'm 100% sure there has been a thread about Owlerton Green Garage before.

I think a relative of the owner posted some information on the thread.

Try the search facilty on the forum.

Thanks for that Retep. Where did the date 1948 come from? Do you know if this Cyril Bills owned Owlerton Green garage at the same time as the one of the same name in Cornwall?

1948 Kelly Directory of Sheffield, you would need a directory of both places to see if he owned them at the same time, perhaps someone on here has a 53ish one,

he is possibly Cyril Bills who appears in the 1911 census as a 7 year old born Wortley.

http://dundee-a.1911census.co.uk/search/results4.aspx?x=1354461874

Just a bit of background in case it's of interest. Cyril Alfred Bills was born on 8 November 1903 at Worrall (2½ miles up the hill from Owlerton) the elder son of a gannister miner, Alfred Bills, and his wife Annie, née Morris. He married Millicent Annie Walker (b. 19 December 1904) in 1927. Millicent died in Cornwall (Bodmin district) in 1975 but Cyril lived to the ripe old age of 94 and died in the same district in May 1998. The air in Cornwall must have done him good! :)

Hi StKewMag,owlerton green garage was owned by Colin Eyre in the fifties and sixtes until he passed away,they were british leyland dealers and supplied all Swann-Mortons cars.

Colin Eyre was my dad,he died 8/3/1966,he also had carmiles garage,my Mum ran both garages until 1972 when she gave up the motor trade and bought Lodge Moor cafe,cheers,Colin Eyre.

Archived