Wikileaks obtains a copy of Iraqi Journalists being murdered by US forces.

I feel your statement was the most foolish. Imagine the scenario. You are driving down the street with your family and you come across bodies in the road, you park up and run to assist the wounded when all of a sudden you are shot at, by a helicopter that is at such a distance, you have no idea it's there. Why would it be stupid to drive your children around the city they live?

Are you real ? they will have just seen the Helicopter firing they're not in Sheffield they are in a war zone so where do you get the phrase.."all of a sudden" The least they could have done if they wanted to be heroes is drop the children off.

Nobodies actually shot at me round my streets ,I wonder why ?..Oh yes I dont live in a place where soldiers are doing their job

While I understand collateral damage and mistakes can and will be made, what I object to the most is the dialogue used by the pilots: "light em up" and "look at those dead <swear word used to describe illegitimacy>".

Its one thing to do your job, but savage and bloodthirsty when you get some kind of jubilation and pleasure from it.

Thats it then a new rule for the Geneva Convention no bad language in war zones ..you do talk daft

Are you real ? they will have just seen the Helicopter firing they're not in Sheffield they are in a war zone so where do you get the phrase.."all of a sudden" The least they could have done if they wanted to be heroes is drop the children off.

Nobodies actually shot at me round my streets ,I wonder why ?..Oh yes I dont live in a place where soldiers are doing their job

Remember, the gunship was reported to be at least 1km away from the target. I don't know about you, but 1km is a long way away and spotting a helicopter in a built up area at that distance would be difficult to say the least, especially when you are driving in a van.

So, what you are saying is.... it would be acceptable to be shot at if you lived in a place where soldiers were doing their job?

This appears to be a cruel attack on innocent bystanders. I guess the reality might be different. Either way, these sorts of incidents are common currency in the war zone. bored soldiers, hyped up by power, open fire without concern for the consequences. A microcosm of the command chain.

This appears to be a cruel attack on innocent bystanders. I guess the reality might be different. Either way, these sorts of incidents are common currency in the war zone. bored soldiers, hyped up by power, open fire without concern for the consequences. A microcosm of the command chain.

Civilian loss of life is always tragic, but this is not a conventional enemy that they are faced with. I'm sure that both british and american lifes will have been lost due to being attacked and ambushed by the most innocent looking civilians.. so It's understanable that they'll become a little twitcy from time to time.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the incident took place not in your house but their house that your Yanks invaded and using your rule of thumb the Iraqis are the ones who would have been justified in taking a pop at the invading scum, except in this case they weren't even doing that. They were a group of Iraquis standing about in a street in Iraq, why did the Yanks have a problem with that, except for simple blood lust?

Yes it does make you a blood thirsty kind of a person unless you can accept the same thing happening on street of Britain. Would it be OK in your books for Iraquis to seek retribution on streets of New York, and would you still say bad things happen?

Anyone justifying murder of innocent civillians is bloodthirsty scum.

Like the bloodthirsty scum who flew two passenger planes into the New York twin Towers

That was an act of war when there were no US troops anywhere in the middle east

Which has nothing to do with iraq....

That's the problem with people who start threads like this. They make statements about the wrongdoings of Americans "killing innocent civilians" and so on and then when anything like 9/11 and the murder of a couple of thousand of innocent civilians is mentioned they come up with statements like yours above.

The thread is about the murder of innocent civilians is it not? Any discussion on the subject is relevant... Iraq or not

Whatever Fox News is to anyone at least they dont show hostages having their heads sawed off with a knife. Comparing Fox News with Al Jazeera is just plain stupid and illogical

Have you ever watched Al Jazeera Harley:?:, It's available here to Sky viewers as is Fox News.

I have watched both news channels ,I can safely say that Al Jazeera is nowhere near as "barbaric" as you are making out.

As for Fox News.......well that's simply awful, "Fair & Balanced".......yeah right!:rolleyes:

Have you ever watched Al Jazeera Harley:?:, It's available here to Sky viewers as is Fox News.

I have watched both news channels ,I can safely say that Al Jazeera is nowhere near as "barbaric" as you are making out.

As for Fox News.......well that's simply awful, "Fair & Balanced".......yeah right!:rolleyes:

I already stated in a previous post that Al Jazeera showed the execution of a hostage by beheading. The only part shown on our local channels was just before the execution, the hostage blindfolded surrounded by the executioners.

I presume the full execution was shown to viewers in the middle east.

I wouldn't bother watching any news channel that found such a spectacle as fit for showing.

As for Fox News I dont watch that either. Surpise! Surprise! :D although all the apologists for terrorism who post their views on this forum seem to think in their simple minds that everyone here in US who disagree with thei views is glued to that channel 24/7.

My own choice of viewing is Keith Olberman on KNBC. which you probably dont get in the UK

Archived