Wikileaks obtains a copy of Iraqi Journalists being murdered by US forces.

You believe in instant results, wave the magic wand and everything just comes out hunky dorr?. Iraq was under Saddam since around 1958 and Afgahnistan had never been more that a wild mountainous land populated by different tribes who when not fighting outsiders generally paased their time fighting each other. Miracles dont happen overnight and Rome wasn't built in a day. What the issue here is dragging a country out of the medieval days into the 21 st century and ridding it of the spawn who want to keep it back in the middle ages

so nothing positive yet then

In other words, when they do it, it is terrorism, but when we do it, it is just "an ongoing operation"

Double standards much?

And i believe you are being deliberately obtuse - you know perfectly well i was asking what 9/11 had to do with this helicopter attack, not "why did we attack iraq". And the reason he refused was because your and my country have no right to tell another country that we want to inspect their weapons - does the USA allow inspections of it's secret nuclear bases/weapons?

And really, are you one of those that believes that the actions we are taking atm isn't the main reason that there are suddenly so many "terrorists"? You know as well as i do that many of those we are fighting now are labelled "insurgents" not terrorists - they are people who are fighting to remove the USA from Iraq, which tbh is fair enough, I would certainly fight if a foreign power decided to think it had sovereignty over my nation. Maybe, despite your previous posts, you wouldn't?

Our resident soldier boy General Monty here has a terrorist streak, simple rule he seems to follow is that all Muslims are terrorists, even when terror is committed by the Yank, as in this case killing innocent civilians from a kilometer away. Soldier boy finds excuses for their murderous actions.

You believe in instant results, wave the magic wand and everything just comes out hunky dorr?. Iraq was under Saddam since around 1958 and Afgahnistan had never been more that a wild mountainous land populated by different tribes who when not fighting outsiders generally paased their time fighting each other. Miracles dont happen overnight and Rome wasn't built in a day. What the issue here is dragging a country out of the medieval days into the 21 st century and ridding it of the spawn who want to keep it back in the middle ages

We're back to that infamous quote about Bến Tre in Vietnam, 'It became necessary to destroy the town to save it.'

In other words, when they do it, it is terrorism, but when we do it, it is just "an ongoing operation"

Double standards much?

And i believe you are being deliberately obtuse - you know perfectly well i was asking what 9/11 had to do with this helicopter attack, not "why did we attack iraq". And the reason he refused was because your and my country have no right to tell another country that we want to inspect their weapons - does the USA allow inspections of it's secret nuclear bases/weapons?

And really, are you one of those that believes that the actions we are taking atm isn't the main reason that there are suddenly so many "terrorists"? You know as well as i do that many of those we are fighting now are labelled "insurgents" not terrorists - they are people who are fighting to remove the USA from Iraq, which tbh is fair enough, I would certainly fight if a foreign power decided to think it had sovereignty over my nation. Maybe, despite your previous posts, you wouldn't?

Insurgents! Who thought that one up? :hihi: Why dont you express your sympathies for your own soldiers who come home in body bags? You are just like tab1, spend your time looking for anything negative about the Yanks or the USA and leap straight away on it. Totally blinkered.

Again, shed your tears for your own... that is if you give a damn about them.

You've never been in a war zone so dont waste your time trying to figure it all out watching You Tube or whatever

Insurgents! Who thought that one up? :hihi: Why dont you express your sympathies for your own soldiers who come home in body bags? You are just like tab1, spend your time looking for anything negative about the Yanks or the USA and leap straight away on it. Totally blinkered.

You've never been in a war zone so dont waste your time trying to figure it all out watching You Tube or whatever

what we envisioned Iraq and Afghanistan post Saddam / Taliban match up to what we have now.

Idoubt it but please enlighten me if you think it has

We're back to that infamous quote about Bến Tre in Vietnam, 'It became necessary to destroy the town to save it.'

Or it became necessary for the Royal Air Force to bomb Dresden in Feb 1945 kill 50,000 of it's citizens in order to bring an already beaten hHtler to his knees.

You dont live in the land of saints. War is a dirty horrible business and people die

In all fairness, there is little to be positive about, having watched the video from the Apache. If that was a British crew, I would still condemn their actions and be ashamed.

It's not about taking sides, it's about being proud of the high standards practised by both our armed services and expecting them to maintain their high standards. Accountability is one of the main tool to help maintain these standards.

In all fairness, there is little to be positive about, having watched the video from the Apache. If that was a British crew, I would still condemn their actions and be ashamed.

I only wish that some of the misguided people people on here whose sympathies lie with countries other than Britain would condemn and feel ashamed of the actions of some of those in the countries they have so much sentiment for

Archived