Wikileaks obtains a copy of Iraqi Journalists being murdered by US forces.

Too bad some of these civilians you mention havent done time in the real world of war but of course they wouldn't choose to do that. Might get their hands a bit mucky sorting out the crap that their fellow civilians have sent them into

The whole point of the armed forces is to sort out the crap that the civilians make, it shouldn't be any other way.

But how would you do that, especially as guns and weapons are rife in Baghdad, again it ain't Sheffield.[/quote

We are there to try and bring peace to the area, if disarming the civilian population would help then we must try and do it by legislation. I know this may sound simplistic but if we cannot do this to reduce the violence what are we doing there? Why not leave them to live their lives as they wish.

We are there to try and bring peace to the area, if disarming the civilian population would help then we must try and do it by legislation. I know this may sound simplistic but if we cannot do this to reduce the violence what are we doing there? Why not leave them to live their lives as they wish.

we can't control gun crime here how do you expect to get it done in Iraq and Afghanistan

we can't control gun crime here how do you expect to get it done in Iraq and Afghanistan

The British and American armies are there and if they cannot police the area after 7 years when will it end. As I have posted before my relatives were over there 1n the 1880s and 1920/30s as soldiers and so things just go on and on.

We have over a hundred thousand Americans in Iraq and maybe only a handful of trigger happy idiots that General Harleyman glorifies. It is a sad reflection on the West if a handful of bloodthirsty barstewards were able to portray the rest of the professional armed forces. This incident would have lead to more resentment and hate foe the Yanks and even potential revenge attacks on other soldiers who may not be so trigger happy. I am surprised why people who should be condemning the barbarity of this helicopter crew are looking for excuses to justify murder of the innocents. Don't you see such acts actually endanger lives of other soldiers by perpetuating the cycle of hate and violence.

You have to remember that this war was stated by Bush and Cheney and their motives for staying in Iraq were much more political.

The US haven't stayed in Iraq merely to bring peace to Iraq, although this has been the excuse used by Bush and Cheney, the REAL reason is because they fear Iran expanding its influence within the region and a failed state of Iraq would be easy pickings for Iran.

I have read on here about a proposed pipe line to be constructed in the area and we need to safeguard it. This leads me to think that our end game is to install a pro west goverment.

the current shia theocratic/democracy rise is the fly in the ointment for that one

Archived