Wikileaks obtains a copy of Iraqi Journalists being murdered by US forces.

Obviously the threat of terrorism is a matter the world as a whole takes seriously in light of the leaders of 45 nations meeting in Washington to discuss ways to stop the chance of nuclear materials falling into the hands of Al Qaeda and their ilk.

Al Qaeda planned to carry out suicide bombing in the New York Central railway district and in Times Square. How many innocents would have been killed in attacks like that?

Any comments to this you apologists for terrorism? Or is it just the few people in Bagdad that preoccupy your one track minds ?

It is not apologising for terrorism to condemn the careless murder of innocent people by American troops. Al Qaeda obviously suck, but that's not really relevant to the fact that the soldiers in the video were well out of order.

y'know, the whole two wrongs don't make a right thing?

You keep misunderstanding.

We do not apologise for terrorists.

However we are not so blinkered as to think that because we oppose terrorism we have to support government policies which ironically are breeding the terrorists, and further, if the government commits an act which is essentially the same as the acts of the terrorists, then that means that that government is, by any reasonable persons definition, also "a" terrorist.

That is of course quite apart from the fact that this thread was about the shooting of innocent people by an american helicopter, which you have very successfully diverted attention from.

Why not a thread about the atrocities committed by Al Qaeda not only against their own people but internationally? I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen though

The bias on this whole subject is painfully obvious

It is not apologising for terrorism to condemn the careless murder of innocent people by American troops. Al Qaeda obviously suck, but that's not really relevant to the fact that the soldiers in the video were well out of order.

y'know, the whole two wrongs don't make a right thing?

This war is going to be a long and dirty one. Mistakes are made. That's a fact we are all going to have to live with. The outcome to it all will be crucial to stability everywhere in the future In many ways it's even more of a serious issue than the cold war was. At least the Russians and the West weren't of the mindset of these lunatics who would be very happy to set off a nuclear bomb anywhere they chose to.

Why not a thread about the atrocities committed by Al Qaeda not only against their own people but internationally? I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen though

The bias on this whole subject is painfully obvious

Painfully ignorant indeed. How can a database of or a list of names be responsible for a particular crime. There is no such organisation as the name suggests of Al Qeada but in the Western mindset promoted by the Yanks and the ever hysterical western media. Look up origins of Al Qaeda and you will find that no such organisation exists. Americans are simply shadow boxing and wasting millions on bombing some caves and rocks back to the errr the stone age.:loopy:

You go ahead Harleyman and give us the atrocities committed by Al Qaeda, which is almost everything bad that has happened to the Americans since Adam was in his teens. That does not lessen the severity of this crime of the chopper crew though and Your excusing of murder of civilians is the real terrorism obvious on this forum so have you anything to contribute on topic apart from making excuses?

You keep misunderstanding.

We do not apologise for terrorists.

[peevishrant]

I feel that the word "apologist" is widely misunderstood on this forum along with "disinterested" and a few many others.

Apologist is not a pejorative term. To be a Muslim apologist simply means to explain and intellectually defend Islam, in the same way famous Christian apologists explain and intellectually defend Christianity.

There probably aren't any real apologists on the forum, and if there are they do not practice here. Most posters would find something like Francis Schaeffer pretty heavy going, I know I did.

Disinterested means impartial, not uninterested.

[/peevishrant]

Because, and I realise this is difficult to understand, this thread is about (and the hint is in the title) wikileaks obtaining a video, and what that video shows.

And since you feel the need to castigate other users for not starting a thread on al qaeda, might I ask where the thread you have started on that subject is? Or are you insulting users for not doing something that ...you haven't done either (which is ironic given your "if you haven't done something you aren't allowed to comment on it" attitude earlier in the thread).

Would in the long run be a waste of time. I was merely being facetious The discussion would deviate very rapidly from Al Qaeda atrocities to anti-American rants.

I didn't sign up on the forum only yesterday you know :D

Archived